PDA

View Full Version : Another shop sign

07-23-2013, 08:00 PM
In order to ensure a the best outcome on my woodworking projects, I find that I keep coming back to a few basic principles that continually need reiteration because when I am in the middle of a complex operation, it is easy to forget them. But forgetting them nearly always results in a less than optimum result. So I thought that maybe their physical presence would help keep them in the forefront of my mind every time I walk into my shop. I have attached it as a small project file. As you can see, it is very easy to customize to your design requirements but the principles remain immutable.

lawrence
07-23-2013, 08:48 PM
:)

Great quotes- thanks for posting them!

(I like to get a little blood on each of my projects though... adds to the "art" ;) )

Lawrence

aokweld101
07-23-2013, 09:14 PM
I thought rule #1 was to... "keep hands away from moving parts"...nice rule to follow. forget rule #1 and it hurts... #2 rule is..."if your gonna be stupid you gotta be tough"

Dale
07-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Nice sign, but I'm with Lawrence, none of my projects are complete until I draw blood!

07-24-2013, 09:42 PM
I didn't say I never draw blood. You can tell every time I am working a new project because the stock price of Johnson & Johnson on the NYSE goes up because of a sudden boost in the sales of Band-Aids. You are just not supposed to bleed on the project itself.

OTOH, have you seen the movie "The Red Violin"? There is a craftsman who really puts himself into his projects.