PDA

View Full Version : Small problem- no answers

pathman
02-12-2007, 06:09 AM
I was working on my first project. At the 54% complete mark suddenly the bit dug in a ground to a stop. Since then I cannot home- error 321. I have cleaned homing sensor, I have checked cables, I have checked Z-pos sensor. Sensor shows no change on moving and bit head given no resistence when I move it up or down. Trying to call CW is a joke. Even the receptionist voice mail is full. The only hep I have had in my first month of ownership is thru reading the forums. I hope someone can suggest a remedy that does NOT involve contacting CW. If you can help, it will be appreciated.

Jeff_Birt
02-12-2007, 08:37 AM
pathman, their phone system is a bit screwy right now. I called them last week (started tryign at 9:00 AM) and had to try 4-5 times before getting a live body. I recieved a call from a tech back that same evening.

The head (Z-axis) should only give a slight resistance when moving by hand. It sounds like you found the sensor test mode, when you are testing the home sensor (black slotted thing on head), move the head to the middle of the machine (Y-axis) and all the way down. In thi sposition the home sensor should read clear. Now move the head slowly all the way up. When the black 'L' shaped piece (flag) blocks the slot in the home sensor the reading should change to 'Blocked'.

The Bard
02-12-2007, 08:54 AM
check if your Zbelt (the belt behind the bit) stands still when you move the Z truck by hand.

pathman
02-12-2007, 05:47 PM
I finally had a call from Chris in technical support. He actually called twice and was a tremendous help. Apparently it is just the phone system that has problems.

Chris believes the screws for the z-belt are missing or not tight. I will be sending my baby back to CW for inspection and repairs.

Thanks to all who gave suggestions. I find the forum is the best place for troubleshooting problems.

The Bard
02-12-2007, 05:57 PM
that Chris guy is a loser.

HandTurnedMaple
02-12-2007, 06:07 PM
I think he just needs to learn how to apply himself, instead of surfing the web all day long.

The Bard
02-12-2007, 11:17 PM
yeah... that's it.