PDA

View Full Version : Double Sided Carving- doesn't line up on both sides

Merlin
07-21-2013, 05:19 PM
I am carving the trout clock project, and when I remove the finished carving the two sided features do not match up. Looking for help on how to solve this problem. Anyone??

henry1
07-21-2013, 05:31 PM
more info did you buy this project and if so you should post it see were you went wrong

SteveNelson46
07-21-2013, 05:49 PM
I am carving the trout clock project, and when I remove the finished carving the two sided features do not match up. Looking for help on how to solve this problem. Anyone??

Did you use a sled?

lynnfrwd
07-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Was one side 7 inches smaller?

Merlin
07-21-2013, 06:13 PM
The trout clock is a pattern from Carvewright that I go when I signed up for project of the month, and I have used it before and it worked. I think something on the machine is not working correctly, and I do not know where to start to troubleshoot the problem

Merlin
07-21-2013, 06:15 PM
One side was 1/2" off the other side..and I did not use a sled.

SteveNelson46
07-21-2013, 06:22 PM
When you flipped the board over, did you flip it "top to bottom" and not "end for end?". If so, then it sounds like you had some x-axis or y-axis slippage, depending on which way it was off.

Edit: Maybe some masking tape on the edge of the board where the tracking roller meets the board may help.

Merlin
07-22-2013, 06:39 AM
It is always off in the x direction, has not been off in the Y direction...

Digitalwoodshop
07-22-2013, 07:39 PM
The first thing I would do is to put a Drill Hole on the top of the board in the Trout and flip the board over and see if the hole is in the correct place. Likely it will be fine...

Next I would design a new project with a single Drill hole. Flip the board and put a Drill hole inside THAT front hole from the back.

By drilling from both sides you check the machine for mechanical and electrical.

Since you were off by 1/2 inch did you use masking tape on the bottom of the board both sides at the brass roller?

Let us know,

AL