PDA

View Full Version : Cutpath not available

zan29
07-19-2013, 05:04 AM
I've been trying to cut out many patterns (outlined) with the new software but the cutpath tool is not available. I've tried the same patterns in the older version and it worked.....go figure!

lynnfrwd
07-19-2013, 07:41 AM
What version? What steps did you take? What is it you are trying to outline? Basic pattern or imported image?

mtylerfl
07-19-2013, 12:05 PM
I've been trying to cut out many patterns (outlined) with the new software but the cutpath tool is not available. I've tried the same patterns in the older version and it worked.....go figure!

Are you able to post an MPC? (without any non-copyprotected patterns) I would like to test this with the latest software version. Typically, if the Cut Path Tool is not available, it simply means the outline path has an open vector. (i.e., Cut Path Tool only works on closed vector shapes on the board)

Ahh...I just remembered a little trick...if the Outline Tool is not yielding a closed path, try changing the size of the pattern (slightly larger) and regenerate an outline with the Outline Tool. This often allows the path to be closed. You can then downsize both the outline and pattern, if required, then use the Cut Path Tool.

zan29
07-20-2013, 08:02 AM
I was trying to carve just a basic pattern that I've downloaded and for some reason, it didn't allow me to do it in the new version but did with the 1.187. There was no open vectors since the outline was generated by the software. I tried resizing it, larger or smaller, still didn't work. I thought there was a problem with the pattern itself so I tried other ones and it was the same issue. After restarting the software 3 times and using the same patterns, the cutpath tool became available. ???? What am I doing wrong ????

lynnfrwd
07-20-2013, 08:11 AM
Can u post the pattern?

zan29
07-21-2013, 06:45 AM
This is the pattern I was trying to cut.

bjbethke
07-21-2013, 07:53 AM
This is the pattern I was trying to cut.

It works great for me.

brdad
07-21-2013, 08:03 AM
Works for me too. Are you sure you have the path and not the leaf selected?

RogerB
07-21-2013, 08:06 AM
Works for me.Use outline and then cut path

henry1
07-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Works for me.Use outline and then cut path