PDA

View Full Version : Boy Scout patches

whr1900
07-18-2013, 11:42 PM
Has anyone done anything with Boy Scout patches, working on something to give my local scout group

Old Salt
07-19-2013, 06:17 AM
be careful in making anything for the scouts.
the home office have very strong rules.

Digitalwoodshop
07-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Even IF you give... The Office still hates it... and will send a letter to cease and decist...

sorry... I know it is not the answer you want... Same with that Harley Question a while back...

And I can't imagine that WE don't have more than one Lawyer connected Member or Visitor watching posts as they make a Commission off finding people willing to break the rules.... Newspaper Ad's.. "Work at Home".... Ever wonder what they do?

AL

brdad
07-20-2013, 06:05 AM
They have rules, if you are donating the item or selling to one council or group it's fairly straightforward. If you are donating the item you can get a waiver.
http://www.scouting.org/sitecore/content/Licensing/Doing%20Business%20with%20Boy%20Scouts%20of%20Amer ica/Royalty%20Waiver%20Form.aspx

Digitalwoodshop
07-20-2013, 12:06 PM
I stand corrected... Thanks...

AL

TurtleCove
09-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Folks, the original poster simply asked for patters of Boy Scout patches.
There's nothing illegal with him asking for such, and there's nothing illegal for someone to provide him with such.
I think it would be best if we left it up to him to decide what he wants to do with the patterns. Educating him on the legal aspects of his use of patterns is one thing, but let's not let it get in the way of ignoring his original request, and providing him with such.... if we have them.

For all we know, he has permission....and whether he does or does not, is none of our business.

I just read all the replies, and it reminded me of when I'll ask a community question on eBay like "How many variations does eBay allow", and I get a stream of replies like "You shouldn't use Blue text in your listings, cuz it's hard to read".

Digitalwoodshop
09-26-2013, 08:52 PM
Well Said....

AL