PDA

View Full Version : Where Else??

mannwranglers
07-18-2013, 06:09 PM
does anyone have a website where you can order parts for the CarveWright Machine other than LHR???
there shipping cost is too much!!!!!

Rob Mulgrew
07-18-2013, 06:33 PM
I have been around for awhile now and this is a common thread that I have seen come up at least once a month. Being they are not going to offer reasonable shipping charges your best bet is to order what you need and in addition order common parts that will need replacing in the near future. Or see if there is anyone near your area who also has a CW and order together and split the shipping. If its just bits you need, you can get them at Home Depot now.

lynnfrwd
07-18-2013, 06:42 PM
does anyone have a website where you can order parts for the CarveWright Machine other than LHR???

Make sure you select the Regular ground shipping option instead of ups 3 day. $12 up to 3 lbs.

KeystoneChuck
07-18-2013, 08:12 PM
I have been around for awhile now and this is a common thread that I have seen come up at least once a month. Being they are not going to offer reasonable shipping charges your best bet is to order what you need and in addition order common parts that will need replacing in the near future. Or see if there is anyone near your area who also has a CW and order together and split the shipping. If its just bits you need, you can get them at Home Depot now.

Bits at Home Depot??? Are you using the CarveTight Spindel? I pratically live at the Depot & Lowes and of the two Lowes who has the card reader on the website knows nothing of the parts or the machine.

lynnfrwd
07-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Neither carry them in stock but usually have free shipping.

lawrence
07-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Plus if you buy the probe from Lowes it is usually cheaper too... I often recommend folks buy it for the (powerful) pattern editor software- and this is the cheapest place I've ever seen it with the pattern editor included. Their return policy is also rather liberal.

http://www.lowes.com/Search=carvewright?storeId=10151&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&N=0&newSearch=true&Ntt=carvewright#!

Lawrence

badbert
07-18-2013, 11:09 PM

Regardless of hours, you are going to need maintenance parts too. Order all at once and the shipping seems more reasonable.

zan29
07-19-2013, 05:10 AM
Homedepot is a retailer for Carvewright but not sure they carry parts though.

chief2007
07-19-2013, 06:09 AM

Other than bits, card and card reader only a few non OEM parts can be purchase from other than LHR.

When I first ordered parts from LHR, I thought it was a little pricey as well, but the reality is as long as you order a few extra items, $12 is not bad to have someone pull the parts package them and then ship them.

lynnfrwd
07-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Orders are also QA'd by a second person.

ktjwilliams
07-20-2013, 09:40 AM
It's part of their over plan... High shipping= Folks ordering extra stuff that they don't need to make shipping seem reasonable.... Now $ 200 for designer updates !! I realize we have to keep LHR in business,, but by the same token they gotta help us stay in business .... I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to find their Chinese Suppliers ...

gregsolano
07-20-2013, 06:55 PM
This thread will probably be closed soon but this issue comes up every three months. I thought about the added software costs and designer 2.0 as well as this shipping issue and what I do not think LHR realizes is that because they have every thing so propriety when a person buys a carvewright or older compucarve they are not just buying a tool, they are buying a relationship with this company. Once you make the decision to purchase you are locked in with very few options for some accessory's and bits and no other options for other things. I am not sure LHR has thought through all of these things. Most online retailers have decided to keep shipping costs and profits from shipping to a minimum in order to encourage purchases in the future. Unfortunately the common thought among the company cheerleaders is to encourage people to buy more each time they purchase to "even out the shipping and make it a better deal" . I really do not feel this is the way to encourage sales, look at rockler, amazon, and other online retailers they often offer free shipping and keep the shipping costs to a minimum so people feel its a good deal to buy online.

I hope I am wrong but sometimes I think LHR feels because they have a captive audience they can continue to feed from the old customer base instead of encouraging new customers and keeping the old ones feeling like they have a good deal. I don't mind spending $50 to $100 every now and then to stay up to date but $200 or more for updates and add ons gets to feeling like too much.