PDA

View Full Version : Fried memory card

terry
02-11-2007, 03:25 PM
I think I fried my memory card. I cannot get into the flash manager to reformat the card as the prompt says it is not commected. Is there a way to rescue the card or do I need to order another? When I inserted the card into the machine I got the "card corrupted" message.

BobHill
02-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Ugh, Terry. You may not be the first, but you are the only one that has had one fry on you that I'm aware of. Give them a call first thing Monday morning and I'll bet they'll get one out to you, or give you a way to really check your's more closely.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

BoardSilly
02-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Please read this thread:

http://carvewright.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1307&highlight=usb+windows

To try to recover the memory card, shut down your PC and then power back on. Make sure you have the USB interface connected. After the PC is all the way back up, insert your memory card and wait until Windows finds it. Then try to reformat the card. Before you remove the card, read the thread above.

terry
02-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the info. I gave it the old college try. I tried both your way and the way on the thread, but to no avail. I guess I'll have to get a new card and watch what I'm doing a little more closely. The info you sent will hopefully keep me from making the same mistake again.

Again, Thanks

Jeff_Birt
02-11-2007, 07:17 PM
You might give CW a call. I seem to remember that they can send you a program that will low level format the card which takes care of a lot of the problems associated with scrambled cards.

terry
02-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Thanks Jeff. I'll be on the phone in the morning