PDA

View Full Version : Craft show displays

dehrlich
07-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Hi all... I'm wondering about craft show displays. Do any of you vets have a set up you have built for your booth, either for inside or outside, that you might be willing to share how you did it? I want to build an actual booth, 3 walls with areas to hang stuff and shelves for others. Just need to come up with a way to make it easy to set up and take down, easy to move as possible and efficient use of a 10x10 space. I have some ideas but it's always good to seek the advice of those who have experience. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Proctorw
07-15-2013, 08:01 PM
My wife and I are starting up craft shows in the fall. I was going to build my displays. I found a distributor locally (in Dallas) that sold metal grid wall panels for around $20 a wall, almost as cheap as building out of wood. Many years ago I had built lattice works for the booths. The Grid walls setup easily, have a variety of accessories (hangers, hooks, etc) and are light weight. I have attached a picture of some of my crosses with some of my wife quilts displayed on the Grid Walls.

myshop1044
07-15-2013, 08:32 PM
This may help, I do 6 or 8 shows a year and I made 2- 4 x 8' stand up display walls. they fold into 2 -2 x 8' pieces.
I also hang a plastic chain in the middle of the tent to hang all my signs. the rest I display on 3 tables. I also, if there is extra room on the outside of the tent, I display my yard signs on a display rack.
hope this helps

Perry B.

rossclark
07-15-2013, 08:41 PM
I have a lot of expertise in shows ,started in 1979, I use grid wall now ,after spending a lot of time and money building wood. Wood displays show there ware soon after they are made. Scratch and dings show up soon. Plus they are hard to store and transport. Most shows you are parked away from your booth and you need a good 4 wheel wagon. My grid wall stores in a 26 x 8 x 96 wood box on the floor of my 16 ft. trailer. I pull them out onto my cart. Well worth the money. Ross

TerryT
07-15-2013, 08:50 PM
We use the wire "Grid Wall" stuff. We have shelves, hangers, four sided roll around units, etc. Works well for us.

Digitalwoodshop
07-15-2013, 10:15 PM
I liked the modular boxes with a chicken wire frame.

dehrlich
07-17-2013, 04:51 PM
I like the grid wall set up. I looked it up online and seems a little expensive from what I found. I could make the same thing with some 2x4's and wire cattle panels I think a lot cheaper... advantage of being in cattle country LOL.

Proctorw
07-17-2013, 06:18 PM
My grid walls were actually cheaper new at the location I bought them in Dallas then on Craigslist. I paid right around $20 per wall, bought 4 walls, then quite a few hangers, shelves, signage, etc. Walked out of there for around $120.

TerryT
07-17-2013, 07:44 PM
I like the grid wall set up. I looked it up online and seems a little expensive from what I found. I could make the same thing with some 2x4's and wire cattle panels I think a lot cheaper... advantage of being in cattle country LOL.

We rented it for a few shows then bought used pieces for half price of new.

dehrlich
07-18-2013, 02:35 AM
And where is it that you all are buying these? I'm a long ways from Dallas so that doesn't work. The places I have found online they are about $30-50 per panel.

TerryT
07-18-2013, 05:25 AM
The place we get ours from is called the "Display House". They sell and rent display cases, grid wall, slot wall and all types of store fixtures. Check for a local store fixture supply place.

CNC Carver
07-18-2013, 06:27 AM
Check craigslist business section. I have a retail store and we picked up alot of things like this from there.

Proctorw
07-18-2013, 01:01 PM
And where is it that you all are buying these? I'm a long ways from Dallas so that doesn't work. The places I have found online they are about $30-50 per panel.

This is where I bought mine. I know they ship just not sure of the charges. StoreDisplayFix.com.