PDA

View Full Version : Errors

atldal
07-12-2013, 10:12 AM
So I recently have had a series of error messages on my machine. It all started with the load board error and a tech at Carvewright helped me fix that by bending the contact on the switch. It worked good for a couple of carves, then I started getting check cut motor on every carve that I did a vector cut. I would hit the start again and it would finish the carve just fine. Then I started getting the close door error. it would stop the machine several times during a carve and I would have to hit the start button. I then started getting a Z AXIS stall error. I'm completely confused as to where to go with this. Is it possible it is a bad board that these switches all go to?

atldal
07-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Quick update, I did a complete cleaning of the rails and rotated the head so the shaft sat better. I started a carve, started fine carved a few passes and then got a Y axis stall. This is a different pattern then before. I'm at a loss as what to do next.

Thanks

Proctorw
07-12-2013, 01:34 PM
How many hours do you have on your machine ? I just experienced same issues and it turned out to be a bad Y motor. I had 75 hours on my machine. The key factor for me troubleshooting was the cut head wouldn't move freely on the y rails when the power was off to the machine. There should be some resistance by not a lot. I actually removed the motor and couldn't turn it by hand without a great deal of effort. It could also be the bearings on the head or the bearing on the belt pulley.

atldal
07-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Everything seems to move freely with the machine off. No hangups at all. I just was trouble shooting and found my door switch is bad I believe. Not sure if this can cause this error or not.

atldal
07-12-2013, 01:45 PM
One thing I have noticed is the head was getting really hot during prior carves. Not sure what that means to this issue, but it could be the bearings.

fwharris
07-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Make sure the FSC cable in not torn and is fully inserted into the connectors.

Digitalwoodshop
07-12-2013, 08:56 PM
I am guessing you have a new C Machine and the warm Truck is sometimes the Carve Tite Chuck and Bearings breaking in... So the number of hours and model is important. IF you already have 100 hours and this warm Truck has just popped up then it could be Over Lubrication of the Flex Core.... If you remove the Flex and the Top Hat on top of the truck and inspect the top bearing. IF you fine a pool of oil on top of the bearing, wipe it dry and it might cool off...

A word of CAUTION.... Once you pull the Flex off the Truck... I HIGHLY recommend putting some Tape on the End to HOLD the Core.... I can tell you that before I DID THIS.... I stomped on 2 Flex Shaft Damper SPRINGS.... Where they fell out....

The Stalls could be a loose Cover Switch... OR the plug that comes form the left side switch into the back circuit board.

To review, the left side switch talks to the computer and when open stops machine via the computer. If you get a open cover then this is the switch that causes it and can be seen on the LCD in Sensor Data.

The Right Side Switch is the Cut Motor Safety Switch and is wired on the return path of the cut motor. IF this switch comes loose it can cause the Cut Motor to stop for a moment while the bit is cutting and that is why you get a stall....

Just some WAG's... Wild AL Guesses...

AL

atldal
07-13-2013, 10:37 AM
I pulled that top hat off and did notice oil on the top of the bearing. I did wipe it clean. I ended up taking out my switch for the cover and watched the sensor test and noticed when I pushed it in it would show open, then closed, then open again. The switch appears to be bad so I ordered a couple of new ones to replace it with and have a new one on hand. My machine is a B model, but it has been sent to Carvewright for an upgrade and has the new carvetight on it.

Thanks for all the information from everyone. I will get the switch in and let you know if this solves the issues.

Shane

atldal
07-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Well I ended up going to Radio Shack and bought the switch while waiting for my order. So far two carves and no errors other than an occasional stuck roller error I've never been able to figure out.

Digitalwoodshop
07-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Stuck Roller....

What happens is when the Roller is released it lets a metal arm of the switch fall into a gap. The Roller has a end cap on the bottom that is where the roller rests when the head is up. What happens over time is that sawdust builds up on that plate and turns into a many layer Filo dough. When the roller is released and resting on the dust, at some point the switch won't go into the slot.

In my pictures you can see the 2 bottom screws are loose for the plate. But carefully removing the keyboard side NOT damaging the cables you can blow out the sawdust. Dust collection helps.

AL