PDA

View Full Version : carving problem

ekimnamyr
07-10-2013, 07:23 PM
6349063489Hello, this is my first post but i have been looking for answers her before. Am not a long time user of the carvewright. but have carved several projects and litho's. Here's the story,, just put upgrade rubber belts on machine, had iss withtracking sensor reading board, it was the plug not inserted fully, my bad,,, Anyhow finally got it going and was trying to carve a sign and had the machine seem to not know where it was at. , any hints of what to do will be apperciated Thanks EKIM;

aokweld101
07-10-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm not sure but it looks like program issues on your side I've had things look like that, but had to figure what I was doing wrong.

ekimnamyr
07-10-2013, 09:19 PM
I followed a turtorial i thought to a tee.

Digitalwoodshop
07-10-2013, 09:25 PM
My famous saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller".... And I believe THIS is the reason for your error...

When you install the Rubber Belts, some machines need to have the Mounting Holes for the Brass Roller made OVAL to let the Brass Roller Mount more in the CENTER between the belts. Like a CAR Radial Tire... When you CRANK down on a Board, the Belts BULGE as they go around the roller near the Brass Roller and the Belts TOUCH the Brass Roller causing the machine to INDEX in ERROR in the X or board Length...

MASKING TAPE on the bottom of the board AT the Brass Roller Track HELPS... It gives the Brass Roller something SOFT to INDENT into and it makes sort of a RACK and PINION...

Good Luck... Find Tips and Tricks too.... 7 inch rule of wood and many other tips... If you have not...

AL

ekimnamyr
07-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Thanks Al; Tape was used on board. Cleararnce seemed ok after belt install, checked per insrtuntions,will slot the holes for good measure and try again, the only error that came up on the machine was that it ran out of wood to cut. I have 8 inches of xtra wood that is for the 7 inch rule. 4 at each end.it used the 4 inches to cut on also.ther is carving clear to the edge of board?????????? Ekim

CNC Carver
07-11-2013, 10:34 AM
To me it looks like your brass roller is not coming in contact with the board in the middle where carving is intermitten. Check your in/out feed tables to make sure they are not lifting board off the roller.

ekimnamyr
07-12-2013, 03:11 PM
SOLUTION!!!!!! To pinpoint the problem I ran a different project that I knew was ran well. It repeated the issue (bad carve), that convinced me that the issue was in the machine and not the program. So I took Al's advice and moved the brass roller towards the center of two belts, only moved it .030" and that corrected the problem,, back up and running Thanks to all in the feedback. Ekim.

Digitalwoodshop
07-12-2013, 08:27 PM
WAG to the rescue.... Wild AL Guess...

Good Job... But Honestly.... it's just from reading the answer that others posted as they started installing the new belts... I put new belts and error and came up with belt bumping roller...

It was a Group Thing.... I just read allot...

AL