PDA

View Full Version : Save a copy of your Designer 1 projects

DickB
07-09-2013, 07:53 AM
Since a project opened then saved with Designer 2 cannot be opened with Designer 1, I decided it would be a good idea to archive a copy of my projects and patters to date. If for any reason I would need to go back to Designer 1, and I can think of a few, the projects would be available. Just thought I would pass this idea along. I don't recall seeing this as a suggestion. It might be something for LHR to consider advising Designer 2 customers.

lynnfrwd
07-09-2013, 08:28 AM
I did post that suggestion, but possibly buried in a very long thread.

TerryT
09-23-2013, 10:19 AM
Since a project opened then saved with Designer 2 cannot be opened with Designer 1, I decided it would be a good idea to archive a copy of my projects and patters to date. If for any reason I would need to go back to Designer 1, and I can think of a few, the projects would be available. Just thought I would pass this idea along. I don't recall seeing this as a suggestion. It might be something for LHR to consider advising Designer 2 customers.

Great Idea! I don't know how I missed it when you posted it. I guess messages were flyin' prettyl hot and heavy then though. I would add, however, to save it to version 1.186 since 1.187 on are flawed.