PDA

View Full Version : Centerline Text, Conform, Feathering and Designer 2.001

deancooper
07-07-2013, 08:17 PM
When I conform Centerline Text to a carve region, it automatically feathers around the text and I can't get the feathering to turn off or change depth. The button is not lit up, either in the tool bar or drop down menu. If I use raster mode, there's no problem controlling feathering. I am pretty sure it is not machine or operating system related.

If I turn feathering off in raster mode, it initially stays off when I switch to Centerline, but then comes back when I conform the text. This did not occur in previous versions of Designer.

Anybody else run into this yet? Any ideas? It seems like a software glitch to me.

I have had my current machine for about 8 months, but my original machine was an early Sears labeled model, so I have a fair amount of experience with the whole set up.

Thanks for any help.

Dean Cooper

brdad
07-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Feathering should not be an option with centerline. If you are placing centerline text too close to the edge of a carve region, it will cut into the edge, however, just due to the geometry of the bit. If you use the 60° bit, it is smaller diameter so you can squeeze in a little closer to an edge.

fwharris
07-07-2013, 08:31 PM
I am not seeing any feathering with centerline text.. Can you post an example?

bergerud
07-07-2013, 08:41 PM
I think what you are seeing is where the v bit carves into the surroundings because it is conforming. The bit has to go deep and so it gets into some of the surrounding, higher wood.

deancooper
07-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Bingo! I fell like an idiot! It's so obvious. Thanks, bergerud.

Dean Cooper+

I think what you are seeing is where the v bit carves into the surroundings because it is conforming. The bit has to go deep and so it gets into some of the surrounding, higher wood.