PDA

View Full Version : Centerline Text, Conform, Feathering and Designer 2.001

deancooper
07-07-2013, 08:17 PM
When I conform Centerline Text to a carve region, it automatically feathers around the text and I can't get the feathering to turn off or change depth. The button is not lit up, either in the tool bar or drop down menu. If I use raster mode, there's no problem controlling feathering. I am pretty sure it is not machine or operating system related.

If I turn feathering off in raster mode, it initially stays off when I switch to Centerline, but then comes back when I conform the text. This did not occur in previous versions of Designer.

Anybody else run into this yet? Any ideas? It seems like a software glitch to me.

I have had my current machine for about 8 months, but my original machine was an early Sears labeled model, so I have a fair amount of experience with the whole set up.

Thanks for any help.

Dean Cooper

brdad
07-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Feathering should not be an option with centerline. If you are placing centerline text too close to the edge of a carve region, it will cut into the edge, however, just due to the geometry of the bit. If you use the 60 bit, it is smaller diameter so you can squeeze in a little closer to an edge.

fwharris
07-07-2013, 08:31 PM
I am not seeing any feathering with centerline text.. Can you post an example?

bergerud
07-07-2013, 08:41 PM
I think what you are seeing is where the v bit carves into the surroundings because it is conforming. The bit has to go deep and so it gets into some of the surrounding, higher wood.

deancooper
07-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Bingo! I fell like an idiot! It's so obvious. Thanks, bergerud.

Dean Cooper+

I think what you are seeing is where the v bit carves into the surroundings because it is conforming. The bit has to go deep and so it gets into some of the surrounding, higher wood.