PDA

View Full Version : Hanging lamps

BobHill
02-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Oh, but I really like this one even better, Bill.

Bob

:arrow: EDIT: I split this out from the Pattern sharing thread in the Gallery forum. See there for the image/file.

Bill
02-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Hello Bob,

Thank you, I don't think we are suppose to converse in this area it's only for sharing and Jeff or one of the other mods can move our conversation to another place if they like.

You know people really seem to like these and go for the hanging lamps. There is really a lot of time goes into making one of these and don't want this to turn out to be a full time job (takes the fun out of it) but the lamps are paying for the machine and quickly.

Bill.

BobHill
02-11-2007, 10:42 AM
And because this was moved (appropriately) by the mods, the items being referenced is in http://carvewright.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1249&start=30 and it's the Lamp3.jpg and Lamp1.zip that's being refered to.

I'm thinking that family or custom Coats of Arms on lamps such as this could make a lot of people very interested, Bill

Bill
02-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Hello Bob,

I'm thinking that family or custom Coats of Arms on lamps such as this could make a lot of people very interested, Bill

Bob never thought about this (great idea :idea: ) Well like yourself I am retired and really don't want a full time job but as long as it's as cold as it is here I don't mind being out in the shop (heated of corse).

This is really something a couple just left and they would like (two) hanging lamps the same with there initial in it some where but would like them to be octagon instead of hexagon and 15" across instead of the hexagon at 9 1/2" across and to call them when I get a few designs.

I am going to hit them with your suggestion (only a few dollars more) family or custom Coats of Arms and see what comes of it.

Bill.

BobHill
02-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Muscial designs for lights over pianos and "the music room", Sports insignia for hanging lamps over the pool table (ahh for the days when I had a room for one), besides the family "stuff" that's always of interest. How about a well weather proofed one for a hanging outside front door light? You've got a winner, Bill.

And an octagon shouldn't be all that hard to do either ... as well as a translucent (or even a christal cut) bottom for diffusing the light or spreading the light. And for those who wish to really do more business, try the local Lamp and Lighting store that specializes in other than the "norm".

Bob

Bill
02-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Hello Bob,
You have some very good ideas and will work out very well. There are a few stores that specialize in Lamps and Lighting I will check them out and what they already have.
Bill.