PDA

View Full Version : Bonsai

Cliff
02-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Something I've been fooling with and its fun to watch carve.

Ron Smith
02-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Cliff, I really like the idea you have here. Is it possible to do one with blank leaves to allow me to use it as a "family tree", or possibly to do a tree with only naked branches and no leaves? I've been looking for a good family tree design that would allow the CarveWright to put the names on it. Thanks for the ideas.

Ron

HandTurnedMaple
02-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Excellent work, thanx for the pattern.

Cliff
02-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Ron
I think it would be a bigger pain than the Bonsai. It was alot like finger painting, I started with a mid range grey the used a push tool to get the general shape. Working with the dodge and burn tool I worked out the shading trying to think backwards because what looks good to the eye on the screen is not what CW wants to see. You may want to do a majestic oak as a background and lighten up the areas when the names can be carved into the wood then branch them together with a faint line.

I'm currently working up a design for my wife for valentines day. Using a bark pattern I've found in the gallery, I've added a heart outline, with flowers in the center, and the text aound the outside of the heart. All made to look as if carved into a tree.

Bill
03-22-2007, 07:00 AM
Thought I had posted this but ...Hummm ( Alzheimer )?

Mike
03-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Wow! That looks great! Nice job!