PDA

View Full Version : Installation of Designer 2.01

lynnfrwd
07-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Please watch the video and follow these installation instructions in this order:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8o68-wX40pg

Activation of serial number in 1.187 prior to downloading of 2.0 is leading people to a lot of questions & issues with the installation / activation process.

farmer
07-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Connie I bought the ver 2 at conference
Michael said the litho viewer works it is not in my ver. Do I need to download the 2.001 and reinstall and have other things been corrected ( gui stopped)?

bergerud
07-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Litho viewer was added in 2.001. I guess you do need to need to load 2.001. (read the change log for other changes)

Digitalwoodshop
07-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Sent PM, Loose the background music.... Hard to hear for the older "Ringing In the Ears" crowd...

AL

lynnfrwd
07-03-2013, 11:39 AM
After first installing Designer 2.0, it will create the thumbnails needed to view the patterns & projects from your folders. Each time you go into one for the first time, it will create thumbnails. This takes a little time for it to create them and may momentarily drag down your system until complete. If it comes across a file that it cannot produce thumbnails for, it may give you a gui crash. The next time, it will skip over that file. If you open that file in 2.0, then save it, it should be able to then create a thumbnail.

Also, there were some issues with licensing being caught in a loop. That has now been resolved.

lynnfrwd
07-03-2013, 11:44 AM
In regards to the video, there is a little gear icon on the right hand side. Youtube defaults to a lower resolution (for speed) and can be raised by clicking on the gear. It is recorded in HD, so it can be made a higher resolution for you to see more clearly.

Note taken on the background music. (Not sure if, or how soon, it will be changed.)

If you are having trouble hearing the sound (voice or music) make sure the volume is turned up both on your speakers & on your computer.

lynnfrwd
07-03-2013, 11:59 AM
If your Designer 2.0 opens and the normally wood grained board is light blue, the surfaces, textures and wood grains are not available, your computer has encountered a MySQL issue. Close the Designer 2.0 software and re-open it. It should then work correctly.

mikemi
07-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Sent PM, Loose the background music.... Hard to hear for the older "Ringing In the Ears" crowd...

AL

I agreed with that. I think it would be much better without the background music.
Mike

lynnfrwd
07-03-2013, 04:06 PM
I agreed with that. I think it would be much better without the background music.
Mike

I'm not sure he can take it out without having to re-record the whole thing.