PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Select option 1 or 2 when it ask to stay under the rollers

americanhonor
07-02-2013, 09:06 AM
I think I posted this in the wrong area-- This is what I posted--:(
Hi, I have a compucarve from sears and just got it back again-- like the 5th time over 3 years-- I sent it in do to it could not raise up and down-- So I get it back yesterday after two months and put a board in and now the touch pad will not respond when it gets to Stay Under the rollers will not let me select yes or no-- I am lost--- Help please

fwharris
07-02-2013, 09:40 AM
First thing to check would be the flat cable that plugs into the key pad. Before you start up a project are you able to get any response from the key pad functions?

americanhonor
07-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Yes-- I can measure the board and see other stuff from the menu; I have to leave for awhile but will be back-- Thanks for the quick reply-- I will check the cable when I get back-- Thanks Again John

Digitalwoodshop
07-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Likely a cable has torn... The very thin wires from the keyboard....

Where are you located?

You can always call me for over the phone assist... I'm free.. Not always right but I try...... Phone number on my web site below.

Retired Navy Chief,

AL

bergerud
07-02-2013, 11:16 AM
I would reformat the card as a first thing to try. If those buttons work for other functions, it may just be corrupted software.

americanhonor
07-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone and thanks--- So on the measurement, I could only do the length, It seems the other keys on the key board are not functional .. or so it seems, I removed the cover for the key pad connection and examined the cable.. I can see a bare wire on a few of the strands-- I checked the connection and it seemed solid. Does this sound like a cable problem?? Prior to me removing the cable; when I put the card in and tried the other keys some worked except for 1 and 2 , now it seems only key 7 and 8 works-- I re-formated the card and still the same thing-- All your help is greatly appreciated..Everyone have a great 4th of July-- Let freedom Ring-- HOOAH John
I am located in Washington State

Al, I did not see your website-- my email is americanhonor@netzero.com

americanhonor
07-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Hi again-- so I assume it is the cable that is bad-- Does anyone know if this would be the correct one to order- Cable - LCD Keypad Cable 24 Conductor Ribbon-- Thanks John

Underdog
07-10-2013, 08:36 PM
You could always call LHR and ask them to be sure. If I had any doubt, that's what I'd do. They've always answered the phone when I call 'em. I'd be sure to have the serial number in hand though.

americanhonor
07-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Thanks again for the quick reply's, I ordered the cable and got it in two days,, Downloaded the instruction manual and changed the cable-- One of the slots that the cable went through was really tight, but got it back together, It is now working.. Thanks everyone-- Seems like the Tech at Sears crimped the ribbon cable and that was why some of the function keys would not work-- I would of been lost without your help or taken it back to sears and waited another month or so--
John--- HOOAH-- :)

badbert
07-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Wow I thought sears was doing refunds/buybacks on their units. Somebody here got a sweet deal... Can't remember who.

americanhonor
07-12-2013, 07:05 PM
I wish they would-- I have had nothing but trouble over the past three years-- OH Well--- learn as you go--- HOOAH-- john