PDA

View Full Version : Bit not recognised

sw123man
07-01-2013, 11:58 AM
The touch plate does not come out when the bit is going down but snaps a couple of times on the way up.it then wants me to put in the same bit.thanks to this i could not finish cutting out the project i had just carved for 2 hours.any suggestions?

Digitalwoodshop
07-01-2013, 12:39 PM
The Y Truck going over to the Bit Plate pushes the Bit Plate out. A few things can prevent the Bit Plate from coming out...

1. The Y Gear Box is Shot... As in the 2 little 685ZZ Bearings inside the Gear Box letting the big gear lean over to the center of the machine causing 3 pops as the servo motor shaft splines are slipping from the big plastic gear. Once the bearings are shot the shaft of the big gear wears and tilts more. You can buy the bearings and replacement shaft from LHR.

2. The Wires of the Right Side Cover Switch have moved from the back corner and are being hit by the Z Motor Cooling Fins.

3. Lack of lubrication in the Bit Flag area...

Most likely #1. The Bit MISSING the plate generates the load bit error.. AS IF no bit was installed.... Machine thinks....Didn't hit... must not be a bit installed...

AL

Proctorw
07-01-2013, 09:28 PM
When I had this problem, a little WD40 took care of the plate not coming out. I cranked up the CarveWright almost all the way up and hit the bottom of the bit plate with WD40. No more problems.

sw123man
07-01-2013, 11:27 PM
thanks i'll give it a try

unitedcases
07-02-2013, 04:45 AM
I use bicycle wax on my bit plate. Drys very fast and lasts a very long time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Digitalwoodshop
07-02-2013, 11:14 AM
The touch plate does not come out when the bit is going down but snaps a couple of times on the way up.it then wants me to put in the same bit.thanks to this i could not finish cutting out the project i had just carved for 2 hours.any suggestions?

Snapping from the Y Gear Box?

AL

sw123man
07-02-2013, 01:41 PM
the wd40 worked.just finished my next project.thanks for all the help