PDA

View Full Version : Anyone building grandfather clocks?

UCTDIVER
02-10-2007, 07:56 PM
I build grandfather clock and I have ordered a machine from Sears to enchance some of my products. Just wondering if anyone is doing the same. I have not seen a fourm/web site for ppl buiding grandfather clocks. But then again, I don't get out much.

:-D

UCTDIVER
02-10-2007, 08:04 PM
The last clock I am working on.

BobHill
02-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Nice work! And I'd guess that the CarveWright will do some really fine work for you on the next ones you make.

Bob

UCTDIVER
02-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks Bob.
If the machine ever shows up, I'll be sure to post some pics in the forum.

Digitalwoodshop
02-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Very Nice !!! I like the dovetail storage boxes on the bottom left of the picture too.

Someday I will break the seal on that Leigh Jig box..... Make that Boxes....

He who dies with the most tools wins....

Murphy law of Tools.... If you finally order one for yourself, your wife will buy one before it arrives...... Didn't have the heart to tell her I also had one on the way..... Never did.... he he he.. Ex....

Then there is Murphy's law of planers.... Looked for one every week at the San Diego swap meet in 97, then would stop and make a payment on a $300.00 Delta 12 inch Table top. The week after I picked it up after paying it off I found mint condition 15 inch Makita at the swap meet for $500.00..... Yep... hid it at a friends for a while.....

AL

wallyign
02-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Here is a pic of the Grandfather clock that I built before I got CW. I am noiw using CW to cut out wooden gears for my next clock. I got most of the gears cut now but CW is giving me an Yaxis 236 error.

UCTDIVER
02-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Very nice job on the clock.

UCTDIVER
02-11-2007, 01:23 PM
This is another clock I made, a prototype of the first photo (above). The pendulum in the case wasn’t final; it was replaced by a brass one. The most difficult part (for me) has been the clock’s capitol – coming up with an original design. That is where I am hoping that this machine will help the most.

eepers
02-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Excellent clocks there! I imagine the CW will be of great use to making intricate parts to include in those designs. The clock faces and front panels obviously... but you could also consider carving out a long piece to use as the pendulum shaft itself (not sure what the correct terminology is for that)

UCTDIVER
02-12-2007, 04:59 PM
I really like that idea eepers! It had not struck me before you poted it. A very good idea indeed.

Thanks