PDA

View Full Version : Corel Draw Classes in Atlantic City in March

Digitalwoodshop
02-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Since I started my adventure to building a business as a Laser Engraver, I joined www.ara.org ( Awards and Recognition Association) to take advantage of the training classes. 4 out of the last 5 years I attended the annual show. Since Corel Draw is a very useful tool to make Designer art I wanted to let you know about some training that is avaliable.

This year it will be in Atlantic City on March 15 - 17, 2007.

There is a class scheduled on Thursday 8-10:30 AM on Corel Draw Basics by Pradhan Balter of Retlab Graphics. http://www.retlabgraphics.com/html/about.htm ARA Members $110.00, non members $180.00.

A second class will also be on Thursday 1 - 4:30 PM on Corel Draw Intermediates also by Pradhan. Members $110.00 non members $180.00

Also on Saturday from 8 - 10 AM there will be a Corel Draw Graphics Suite X3, by Michel Daw, Corel Corp. Members Free non members $49.00

For more info check out the web sight. I believe there is a Show fee if you are not a member.

I have found the classes are good, sometimes participant questions throw the instructor off and it's tuff to learn. I have taken this class before but will take it again as I am still learning.

I have Pradhan's book on Corel Draw 12 and found it very useful. I also have 2 sets of CD's teaching Corel 12 and Corel for Laser Engravers. They are great and you can watch them over and over.

Just thought I would mention it, the Las Vegas Show is Feb 21 -24 and they have more classes.

If I were starting out with Corel I would go for the CD's, the classes move very fast sometimes.

From the ARA web sight. training stuff available for purchase.

CorelDRAW® Instruction Manuals by Retlab Graphics
These complete self-guided courses for CorelDRAW®
and Corel PHOTO-PAINT® are the perfect tutorials for
beginning and intermediate Corel users. Written by
Pradhan Balter, a well-respected ARA speaker and certified
Corel instructor, each book contains more than 200
pages of step-by-step instructions and is accompanied
by a diskette with specialized tutorials.
● CorelDRAW® 9, Level 1 ● CorelDRAW® 11
● CorelDRAW® 9, Level 2 ● CorelDRAW® 12
● CorelDRAW® 10 ● Corel PHOTO-PAINT® 8
Members $32 (each) / Nonmembers $62 (each)
CorelDRAW 12 Members $35 (each) / Nonmembers $65 (each)

CorelDRAW® Applied on CD ROM
These highly instructive tutorials were produced by Roy Brewer
CRM, a long-time user and teacher of CorelDRAW® products.
Their easy to follow, step-by-step procedures will help you use
CorelDRAW® more effectively in your business.
● CorelDRAW® Applied: Basics and Layout
● CorelDRAW® Applied: Scanning Solutions
● CorelDRAW® Applied: Creating Logos From Scratch
Members $29.95 (each) / Nonmembers $59.95 (each)
All 3 Titles: Members $69.95 / Nonmembers $139.95

Thanks for looking,

AL