PDA

View Full Version : Using two computers

Dale
06-29-2013, 12:16 AM
I just got a new laptop computer and opened up a pattern that I made in my other computer and noticed that the fonts have changed. If a pattern uses a font that is not installed in that particular computer will it not show up? I would think that once a pattern is made all you need is Designer. My laptop does not have access to the internet right now or I would try to download the font to see if that is the problem.

Dale

lawrence
06-29-2013, 12:19 AM
You figured it out already- you need the font for designer to be able to pull it up. The only way to get around this is to add the font carve as a pattern and then it will carve even if you don't have the right font.

They are pretty small and should fit onto a thumb drive easily
Lawrence

mtylerfl
06-29-2013, 12:36 AM
I just got a new laptop computer and opened up a pattern that I made in my other computer and noticed that the fonts have changed. If a pattern uses a font that is not installed in that particular computer will it not show up? I would think that once a pattern is made all you need is Designer. My laptop does not have access to the internet right now or I would try to download the font to see if that is the problem.

Dale

Lawrence gave the explanation and the cure.

Just a footnote...the new Designer 2 upgrade has a feature that will give a warning when loading a project that uses a font not installed. Also indicated in the text dialog, when next opened, it will let you know what font the system will use as a substitute until you can obtain and install the original missing font for your computer system.

Dale
06-29-2013, 12:48 AM
Thanks Lawrence and Michael, that is what I thought, also is a neat feature for Designer 2.

Dale