PDA

View Full Version : Board measurements don't agree

Russel
06-28-2013, 11:53 AM
I have a problem where the measured board length is consistent, but wrong. I always make my boards extra long to stay under the rollers, but if I insert a 17" board and initiate a project, the board measures 10+" . There is nothing wrong with the board and other boards also give consistently wrong length measurements. However, if I perform a manual, or diagnostic length measurement, the value is correct. I have also checked the board sensor and it shows good values for on and off the board. I also have been seeing the "load board" message, though it is already loaded. I guess I need to adjust the head pressure. Has anyone seen this problem and if so, what is the fix?

Yes, it was pilot error! I was unaware that the software automatically subtracted the 7". I should have seen that coming! I actually needed 11" for the pattern. I changed it to 10" and VOILA, it worked. Thanks for more sets of eyes on the problem.

lynnfrwd
06-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Is it consistently 7" shorter? That is the 7" that it keeps to stay under the rollers.

Digitalwoodshop
06-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Homework.... Off to tips and tricks and the 7 inch rule of wood.... So the fix is knowledge.... The problem... Pilot Error.... Crashed learning to fly.

When you SELECT to "Stay Under the Rollers" the machine is going to Subtract the 7 inches that it needs to STAY under the rollers... Hence 17 inch board... Tell it to stay under the rollers... Subtract 7 inches from the physical board leaving you with a 10 inch carve area..

Tips and Tricks.... Has the answers to the questions you have not thought to ask yet...

WELCOME.... Written by us users, Tips and Tricks is the stuff you need to know.... Prevents Pilot Errors....

AL

peep
06-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Good explanation, I had that problem before.