PDA

View Full Version : need help with a picture that is in two parts

scoobie_6
06-26-2013, 01:24 PM
can anyone help me? i need to put these two together to make one photo to carve, this was hand drawn by a friend and was to big for me to scan as one photo. i cannot seem to put them together to be able to carve this. any help or suggestions would be great thank you

fwharris
06-26-2013, 01:59 PM
See if this is close. I did a bit of image editing on the dark line of the scan. You will need to work it over..

Rob Mulgrew
06-26-2013, 03:06 PM
This is my attempt. Not sure if the quality is good enough for a pattern. I don't think scans work the best. Hope it works for you.

lynnfrwd
06-26-2013, 03:12 PM
Best thing to do with this is use the 2d Vector Drawing Suite to apply it to the project board and trace it with the tools. You can import it as an image, but it "ain't gonna be purty".

bjbethke
06-26-2013, 08:03 PM
can anyone help me? i need to put these two together to make one photo to carve, this was hand drawn by a friend and was to big for me to scan as one photo. i cannot seem to put them together to be able to carve this. any help or suggestions would be great thank you

Will this one work, There ia a lot of noise in the images. Hope it helps. BJB - PM me with an e-mail if want the pattern file. One of the MPC files were too large.

fwharris
06-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Will this one work, There ia a lot of noise in the images. Hope it helps. BJB - PM me with an e-mail if want the pattern file. One of the MPC files were too large.

Great job BJB!

scoobie_6
06-26-2013, 08:11 PM
this will work great thank you so much cant wait to buy the edit software

James RS
06-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Nice job, what did you use?

bjbethke
06-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Nice job, what did you use?

Thanks all;

I retraced the image in Photoshop and Illustrator, into a line drawing and used ShaderMap Pro to give it a 3d look (Puffing). Then made the pattern with the pattern Editor. Illustrator has the drawing tools.