PDA

View Full Version : New User Question

mfdchief
02-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Hello,
Just got my machine today and it appears to work just fine so far but I am experiancing a little "operator error" I'm afraid. In Designer, I have selected a board size of 12" X 7.125" ( a piece of 1"X 8" pine). I imported an image of a fire department maltese cross and enlarged it to about 3/4" from the top and bottom of the board. It looked good in Designer so I uploaded it and set up the machine per instructions (I think) and let it do its magic. It ran well and finished the project in way less time than Designer estimated and about 1/4 the size. Sooooo, I tried it again and re-did it in Designer, re-uploaded it and re-ran it with the same results. Where am I screwing up? :roll: Any help would be appreciated.

By the way this is a whole lot of fun....so far. :lol:

Mark

Jeff_Birt
02-10-2007, 07:24 PM
You are probably selcting 'Stay under rollers' and then 'Scale to board length". Stay under rollers requires 3.5" of extra board on each end so that the board never leaves either pressure roller during carving. So, the short answer is use a 7" longer board.

mfdchief
02-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Yes, I did make the selections you mention, I will take your advice and try again using a longer board. Thank you for the quick reply.

Mark