PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk Helicopter on a Laser

Digitalwoodshop
06-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Here is something Interesting I found on Sawmill Creek done with a LASER that could be done on the CW.... :grin:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?204705-Blackhawk-Helicopeter

AL

liquidguitars
06-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Man that Hugh's 500 is cool!

chebytrk
10-19-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm curious about Laser Engraving. Does anyone here on this forum have a Laser Engraver and are they expensive? Thinking of perhaps getting one to use with the CW when perhaps making plaques and other things. Just wondering cause I hear that they can be very expensive. How is the learning curve compared to our CW machine?

Proctorw
10-19-2013, 09:01 PM
I saw one at the woodworking show last year. It was about $10k to start. It went up from there.

Digitalwoodshop
10-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Go to the Sawmill Creek Engraving Forum, lots of posts on buying your first Laser... The Glass Tube Chinese Versions have many posts and the trend is that Laser quality and software is improving... I have a old 20 watt epilog and I have not even fired it up in over a year.. One guy posted his story of getting a Chinese 100 Watt Version with so far GREAT results... In the past it was usually a bad ending... Things have changed for the better.... Glass Laser Tubes don't last as long as Metal US tubes... Most US Tubes are driven by RF or Radio Frequency where Glass Tubes are normally driven by DC Voltage and Create a "ARC" that makes the light...

US Lasers are more expensive but the Suport is great... I am like the 5th owner of my Epilog Laser and when I called to buy a mirror and get service advice, it was like I was the first owner... Unusual... One guy called about a Drive Motor going bad out of warranty.. They said the new motors have a Cooling FAN and they sent a KIT for FREE... Motor and FAN...

Don't mention a Laser Engraver around Scroll Saw Guys.... :)

AL

Canemaker
10-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Why can't we do this using our cw and our slicer?