PDA

View Full Version : Purchased pattern running slow

tlipome
06-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Hi, I have had my machine for a couple of years but life doesn't allow me to use it enough, so I seem to have to re-learn every time I use it. I purchased an apple pattern for the sake of quickness to make a last minute gift for my son's teacher. It was a simple design of an apple outline and then I placed centerline text with "Welcome to Mrs. Leonard's Class" in it. The apple pattern took over 2 hours to carve itself. I then got a bit depth issue when I changed from carving bit to v bit and tried 5 x to adjust it (Rock chuck) then I got an error and the machine went to the start up screen. I ended up just leaving the board in place and restarted the project. All told the project took 5 hours for something that I think should have taken about 1 hour. The centerline text and cut out went quick, about 25 minutes. What did I do wrong or am I wrong in thinking a basic outline should be a quick job? I tried searching the forums before posting but couldn't find what I was looking for. Thanks all for your input.

DickB
06-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Probably need some more details to determine if the time is "normal", such as how deep were you carving, how big is the pattern, and what setting (Deaft - normal - Best - Optimal) did you choose.