PDA

View Full Version : Cut Path Tool?

KeystoneChuck
06-19-2013, 09:32 AM
I am following the tutorial from the manual to make an address plague (Project #4). I am following all of the instructions verbatim and when I get to the part where it tells me to use the "Cut Path Tool" I can not choose it because it is not avaliable. I went and highlighted all of the paths I wanted it to cut and still nothing. I have been using the CW for a few years and thought I would broaden my skills of doing a address plaque that was not rectangle. I know its probably a simple fix but I am baffled.

fwharris
06-19-2013, 10:06 AM
The cut path tool is only active for "closed" lines. Meaning you can not apply it to just a simple line segment. It you have drawn out your sign shape then you will need to make sure all end points are attached to each other.. Select the paths you want to apply the cut path to and then got to "view - toggle non end points" to see the ones that need to be attached/closed. Drag the ends until they turn into a red star.

lynnfrwd
06-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Select the paths you want to apply the cut path to and then got to "view - toggle non end points" to see the ones that need to be attached/closed.

I always forget about the "View - Toggle nonend-points" feature.

KeystoneChuck
06-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Thank You Sir; you're a gentleman & a scholar. Now its time to play.

fwharris
06-19-2013, 10:53 AM
Thank You Sir; you're a gentleman & a scholar. Now its time to play.

Very welcome and have fun!!!

bergerud
06-19-2013, 01:32 PM
I always forget about the "View - Toggle nonend-points" feature.

Also forgotten is that the curves need not be closed. A better description is that the curve has to separate the board into two regions. A line across the board does that.

liquidguitars
06-19-2013, 01:36 PM
A line across the board does that. this is also a way to see the thickness of a two sided part!