PDA

View Full Version : Don't Flip Out LITERALLY

KeystoneChuck
06-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Don't take the board flipping feature to literal. After setting up my project (a two sidded carve) and checking the projects orentation by rotating the board at every angle and having everything align properly, it carved it upside down. Luckly I did a test carve and didn't ruin any real material; only my time. Another day that the CW makes me shake my head at its operations. If you really want to choke someone watch it do a centerline cave with a V bit. You just curse at the machine "why didn't you do that when you where back there". I have to honesly say if it wasn't for this forum giving me many pointers on the learning curve I would have sold this machine on Ebay after a month. The scary part is I run CNC Routers for a living writing G-Code. I have the skills I just have to water it down for the machines sake.

lawrence
06-18-2013, 06:02 PM
I always think to myself (something I got from here, not sure from whom)

"roll over" (like the project is in bed)

Lawrence

dbfletcher
06-18-2013, 06:27 PM
If you pay close attention to designer when you flip from front to back.. that is the same way you flip the board at the machine.

Digitalwoodshop
06-18-2013, 07:53 PM
AND..... When you copy and paste Text and a Pattern to the back side of the board you must remember to flip the text... and pattern.. To help line up the text and pattern I sometimes place a Drill hole on the front side at the edge of the front side text and pattern to aid in lining it up on the back.... Then remove the drill hole.

Here is an embarrsment... I did this sign, painted and HUNG it.... TOOK Pictures... Sent the Invoice WITH Pictures....... The Customer sends a CHECK... Everyone Happy.... UNTIL they come up for the weekend..... Filippo Family on one side... Family Filippo on the other.... #@%&!$#&^..... (: Quick... to the CW CAVE..... Another Sign Robin....

And in the LAST Picture... find the Missing "i".... And I sent Screen Shots to the Customer and SHE even Approved it..... until she had the sign in her hands..... To the CW CAVE.... You see a Pattern here.... :) Remember to Actually READ the SIGN....

AL

KeystoneChuck
06-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Thank You...Now I can visualize the task a get my noodle to comprehend. Like I said before, the forum is what drives this machine to be better.:D

KeystoneChuck
06-18-2013, 08:29 PM
I felt your pain. But on the "flip" side...How funny is it that there name is FLIPpo Family.