http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bJhiP7XDl0Y

2nd Place - $500 Gift Certificate - Roger Tierman "Butternut Slab"

3rd Place - $300 Gift Certificate - Floyd Harris "Gone Fishing"

4th Place - $25 Gift Certificate - Robert Dages "Only Begotten Son"

5th Place - $25 Gift Certificate - James Uroda "Belt Buckle"

6th Place - $25 Gift Certificate - Lawrence Richards "Eagle Plaque"

7th Place - $25 Gift Certificate - Lee Stackable "Cameo Wall Art"

8th Place - $25 Gift Certificate - Sharon Berrum "Fairy House"

Special thanks to additional entries that received $10 Gift Certificate (in alphabetical order):

John Allen - "Wheelock Texas Sign"
William Crone - "Beverage / Pen Holder"
Clinton Stoutenburgh - "Folding Book Stand"

mtylerfl
06-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Additional comments...

- the John Allen - "Wheelock Texas Sign" had the best raster carved small lettering I've ever seen. John had his name raster carved in the lower-right corner...about 1/32" thick and clean as could be - a medium draft was used (we think) and the letters were less than 3/8" to 1/2" tall at most. So good, that it caught the attention of most of us that thought "it wasn't possible" to carve thin, raised, raster letters that small (even the VP of LHR was amazed!). The photo does not do it justice...you have to see it in person to appreciate how perfect the lettering turned out.

- the William Crone - "Beverage / Pen Holder" was very interesting. It featured plywood carved very thin so that it was actually bendable around about a 3" cup to yield a nice wooden 'fluted' appearance. I hope someone has a photo of that, as well as the two small samples that accompanied the project.

- Clinton Stoutenburgh's - "Folding Book Stand" was very nice too! My wife loved it! I think she liked it better than my own book holder project I designed a few years ago. Great project! (we need to post a photo of that one also - need to check my camera later - I'm pretty sure I took a photo of it)

TerryT
06-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Congratulations to you all!! Some excellent projects! I think everyone should get the grand prize. Nice work indeed.

lynnfrwd
06-17-2013, 02:14 PM
Sorry, I had evidently hit my photo limit per post and people were waiting on my to go to lunch. Here are the other three. Great job done by ALL!

John Allen - Wheelock Texas Sign

William Crone - Beverage / Pen Holder

Clint Stoutenburgh - Folding Book Stand

lawrence
06-17-2013, 11:44 PM
Congrats to all for a great bunch of projects. Wish I could have been there to see them in person,

Lawrence

fwharris
06-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Congrats to all for a great bunch of projects. Wish I could have been there to see them in person,

Lawrence

Lawrence we sure missed having you there as well. You would of enjoyed it for sure.

rcdages
06-18-2013, 09:14 AM
the John Allen - "Wheelock Texas Sign" had the best raster carved small lettering I've ever seen. John had his name raster carved in the lower-right corner...about 1/32" thick and clean as could be - a medium draft was used (we think) and the letters were less than 3/8" to 1/2" tall at most. So good, that it caught the attention of most of us that thought "it wasn't possible" to carve thin, raised, raster letters that small (even the VP of LHR was amazed!). The photo does not do it justice...you have to see it in person to appreciate how perfect the lettering turned out.

All the above in red that you stated Michael is so so correct.
I got a ride back to the Hotel with John and we taked about the small small lettering and I told him how you and I had looked at it and were very amazed on how well it came out.
John is a fine fellow.

Bigtyme
06-18-2013, 10:55 AM
Super projects.. Great work to all who entered!!

papawbummie
06-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Will any contest projects or techniques become available to puchase or shared? Thanks Bert

fwharris
06-20-2013, 09:19 AM
Will any contest projects or techniques become available to puchase or shared? Thanks Bert

Bert,

John Paluck has the Gone Fishing project for sale on his site

http://www.carvepattern.com/en/43-trout-fishng-key-mail-holder-project.html

papawbummie
06-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the info also any info how the small letting on the sign that won was created Thanks Bert

DickB
06-23-2013, 07:21 AM
Will any contest projects or techniques become available to puchase or shared? Thanks BertI plan to offer my clock as a project, but first I have a couple of tweaks to the design to make it a bit easier to build. I probably will not get to this anytime soon.

cestout
06-23-2013, 03:29 PM
My book stand is a combination of the Colonial Book Stand and the several Basket Weave pieces already in the store. If there is interest, I will work on putting it in the store. I am currently working on a paper towel holder to go with the other Basket Weave serving pieces. I knew going in that I didn't stand a chance against the clock guy. His is amazing as usual.