PDA

View Full Version : Plank owner plaques

unitedcases
06-17-2013, 08:04 AM
Anyone ever done a plank owner plaque. I've never seen anything other than a certificate. Just looking for ideas. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

WoodenWizard
06-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Anyone ever done a plank owner plaque. I've never seen anything other than a certificate. Just looking for ideas. Thanks.

I received one from The Battleship New Jersey. It was Laser cut on a piece of actual Teak Decking from the ship. I know that does not help since most ships don't have wood decks and you would not have access to it. Neat piece of history tho.

Dave

Digitalwoodshop
06-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Dave... WOW.... From the era of Iron Men and Wooden Ships.... Good Job !!! Plank Owner....

As for the Plank Owner Plaque... I saw one years ago that had a Ceramic Tile Inlay on a wooden plaque.... The Tile had the Ship's Crest or logo.... My offer still stands on making Ceramic tile inlays for your projects as a free test.

I can Sublimate Print the tile in full color.

AL

WoodenWizard
06-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Dave... WOW.... From the era of Iron Men and Wooden Ships.... Good Job !!! Plank Owner

Just to set the timeline. I decommissioned the New Jersey in 1992. I was 32 at the time. Not near as advanced in age as that beautiful Lady.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

unitedcases
06-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Somewhere there is a mpc of a piece of wood. Jagged edges and bark like features. That is what I think I will look for and start with.

dcalvin4
06-17-2013, 09:03 PM
you can stretch these
i got this bark from the forum free thank you whoever you are
denny

unitedcases
06-17-2013, 09:54 PM
Thanks a bunch. I will give it a shot.