PDA

View Full Version : plug ins to cut motor

aokweld101
06-13-2013, 09:27 PM
I was changing the brushes today and the electrical connector broke taken it apart it broke on the male side is there a certain type of connector to use since its a computer?

bergerud
06-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Which connector are you talking about? One of the motor power wires or the rpm sensor on the front of the motor?

aokweld101
06-14-2013, 03:12 AM
the wires that go into the back of the cut motor that connect to the brushes, the black and white wires.

bergerud
06-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Those are just regular AC wires, nothing to do with the computer. Connect them in any safe way that you can. You can probably get similar type connectors at an electronics store that you could crimp on.

aokweld101
06-14-2013, 08:06 PM
I have the connectors and installed them on the black wires where the connector broke when i finished and tried to plug in the white wire both of the connectors are female, my question is do you stay with white to white and black to black or does it matter even so I know that I need to change the other connectors somehow they are the same I checked the cutoff peices and there where male to female...things that make u go... hummmmmm

bergerud
06-14-2013, 09:09 PM
The switch wires are black and white and it does not matter which is which. In fact they both connect to whites. A white from the motor and a white from the power. The black from the motor connects to the black from the power. (It is AC and so as long as the power routes through the cover switch, it really does not matter.)

aokweld101
06-14-2013, 09:26 PM
I thought so, went back out to check the connectors again, I was right and there is three female pluggins and one male don't ask me how. Its the fist time taking it apart and putting new brushes in.. it took two pliers to get them apart.

Digitalwoodshop
06-15-2013, 12:04 PM
As posted above.... my simplified version that is easy to remember...

Black from the Motor and Black from the X Termination Board hook together.

That leaves you the White Return path wire from the motor and the White wire from the X Termination board. To connect them we go through the Right Side Cover Safety Switch.... It is simple in and out, no polarity... so pick a color and plug it in....

:)

AL

aokweld101
06-15-2013, 06:31 PM
I had to rethink what I said, I broke the connenector on the black wire and that left me the two white wires those plug into the switch on the cover, witch are female plugs I thought at the time the two females plug into one another witch they don't cause that wouldn't leave any wires to plug into the cover switch. I wasn't useing common sense so that makes me feel dumb. glad I didn't cut any more wires that would of made me feel stupid....lol