PDA

View Full Version : 1 year and still lost

Cowboy_Dean
06-13-2013, 03:19 PM
I have had the machine for about a year now, and still trying to figure a lot of things out. I have been very successful in making small signs, but now looking to expand the abilities. Just bought a house (with a huge garage, and still not enough room for toys) and have noticed that the kitchen cabinet doors are in very poor shape. Looking for someone who can help me set up the design for the new cabinet doors. Not looking to do anything too fancy, something that I can stain up really nice and will be sturdy. Was looking at some designs that incorporated glass into the doors, with the cross boards to steady the glass, but have no idea how to even start to set this up in the software. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Cowboy_dean art.swander@gmail.com

DocWheeler
06-13-2013, 03:53 PM
In my opinion you need a router and router-table to make cabinet doors.
I have built doors using the CW, but only the panels, not the stiles and rails.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about.

These are in the laundry over the washer and dryer.

Digitalwoodshop
06-13-2013, 08:26 PM
I agree... You need a Router Table and a set of bits to make the side and top rails properly.

What you can do with the CW is make some Accent pieces that you can apply to the parts.... OR cut designs into the Rails before cutting to size...

There is a Design Thread over on Sawmill Creek and a bunch of Wood Working areas... THAT can give you some ideas to move forward with...

As for the CW in Tips and Tricks the section about Sleds, Carrier Boards and Jigs will give you some ideas about placing long THIN as in Width into the machine. This would let you design stuff to go on the rails THEN cut them to length with proper joints including cuts for GLASS.....

Good Luck,

AL