PDA

View Full Version : board sensor message

bobtom
06-13-2013, 09:32 AM
Hey guys, I just fired up my machine again after along while. I had some heart problems and they had to do surgery. But i'm finally back. on starting I get a clear sensor message on the window. I have tried to clear it several times and I still get the message. Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance. Bobtom

chief2007
06-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Look at the board sensor with an inspection mirror and see if any dust blocking the lens. If so try blowing it out.

If that s not the problem, go to the user test and select the board sensor test. Place a white piece of paper on top of a board move the board up and down towards board sensor to check the readings you are getting from your board sensor.Note the readings. The higher the better - Below 90 bad

bobtom
06-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Thanks Chief. I will give it a try

Digitalwoodshop
06-13-2013, 02:31 PM
Using a piece of white paper is best as the paper is a standard where wood can be different colors....

The reading is reflective light. 2 IR LED's like your TV Remote Control and a Receiver in the middle.

Usually the window gets dust inside. You can cut down the back of the sensor after removing it and easily remove the window to clean it. I seal it back up with tape catching the window with the tape.

Options, Sensor Data, and Board Sensor. Head cranked on the white paper. A 156 is perfect.. Below 90 like posted above bad... dirty...

The flat FSC Cable can go BAD too as the signal goes through the cable.

AL

bobtom
06-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Thanks guys. Problem fixed. Now have to replace traction belt.

peep
06-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Al, I understand now to tape my hardwood on the bottom to stop it from sliding and breaking another bit. But do you meted to put any tape on the service or corners?

lynnfrwd
06-25-2013, 10:51 PM
Don't be afraid to crank it up to 80psi or so. Just direct it all around the sensor not rest of machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lynnfrwd
06-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Also watch the video on it under Support > Maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digitalwoodshop
06-25-2013, 11:25 PM
For Oak and Maple I put tape at the brass roller and a few strips along the bottom about 3 inches apart in length.

Tape on the side corners can get caught in the guide at the brass roller.

AL

peep
06-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Need some senior wisdom advice.

Since I broke my cutting bit on my C machine, I just took the one form my A machine. Put it in a drill press and popped the bit out of the old holder. I then slipped it in the bit holder I bought from Carvewright for the C model, and was about to carve, when I noticed I have no idea how far in the bit holder the bit should be in!

How do I know, or does the machine not care?

Help

peep
06-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Hum.... Maybe I should of said, I need some young frisky advice, and got faster replies lol

lawrence
06-28-2013, 05:06 PM
hmmm. I don't have any pressed cutting tools but would love to hear more about how the "repressing" works after you get your answer and are back on your feet.

I hope someone comes in soon and can measure their bit length for you soon.

V/r
Lawrence

bergerud
06-28-2013, 05:33 PM
The one example I have of a carving bit in the CT pressed on adapter protrudes 1 1/2" below the adapter. I do not think the length is too critical.

lynnfrwd
06-28-2013, 06:15 PM
Need some senior wisdom advice.

Since I broke my cutting bit on my C machine, I just took the one form my A machine. Put it in a drill press and popped the bit out of the old holder. I then slipped it in the bit holder I bought from Carvewright for the C model, and was about to carve, when I noticed I have no idea how far in the bit holder the bit should be in!

How do I know, or does the machine not care?

Help

LHR strongly suggests you do not use the split collet for carbide bits. Though some disagree (argument does not need to be rehashed), the bit will slip in the collet and requires a hard pressed adapter (put on with our 400 lbs of pressure machine).

peep
07-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Well two carves went good. So I am so excited about a major carve I want to do. Up early and inserted the Cabbage Bark board.

It says check sensor. :( Did a major cleaning and tried again. Same thing. Looks clean with mirror, but have not seen this area before. I think their might be dust behind the lens. I did a sensor check and I get 23! And that is with white paper! So I assume its got dust behind the lens.

Is it easy to remove and clean?
Anyone done this?

aokweld101
07-06-2013, 06:10 PM
I had a board censor that had sawdust in it and took a utility knife and split the lens from the seam just enough to have air blown in it cleared it up and it worked again I still have that one for a backup....

Proctorw
07-06-2013, 08:09 PM
After each of my first 3 carves on my machine got the board sensor error. I thought maybe this was going to be a bad purchase. I then purchased the dust collector and I haven't had an error since then. 75+ hours on the machine now. Dust Collector is worth every penny.

fwharris
07-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Well two carves went good. So I am so excited about a major carve I want to do. Up early and inserted the Cabbage Bark board.

It says check sensor. :( Did a major cleaning and tried again. Same thing. Looks clean with mirror, but have not seen this area before. I think their might be dust behind the lens. I did a sensor check and I get 23! And that is with white paper! So I assume its got dust behind the lens.

Is it easy to remove and clean?
Anyone done this?

Chris Rawls, LHR machine guru, say to blow it out with some high pressure air (150)...