PDA

View Full Version : Puffing Bug

bergerud
06-10-2013, 10:58 AM
When editing or changing a shape which is puffed, the program recalculates the surface for every trivial change. This takes quite a bit of time. One can, however, cancel the recalculation each time until all of the changes have been made. (The other choices are to remove the puffing during the editing and later reapply the puffing or just hide it.)

The bug is that the program locks up when you cancel the surface recalculation of a surface which is puffed and tilted.

In the attached mpc of a puffed and tilted circle, alter the size to force recalculation and then cancel.

Edit: this probabily should have been called a tilt bug.

liquidguitars
06-10-2013, 12:57 PM
I have seen that, I tend just to hide the shape or use one of the quicker modes if it gets slow...

liquidguitars
06-10-2013, 01:02 PM
I also noticed that saving and reloading a puff then closing without any editing will generate a file save request prompt do you get that 2?

Seems when the program loads a MPC with a "puff or "sweep" it renders, that render tells designer that something has changed.

this can be confusing when managing data as you get a false prompt.

bergerud
06-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Yes, I do get the save dialog for no reason as you say when there is a puff involved.

On another hand, with a normal mpc, if all you do is to change the name of an object in the carving list, you do not get the save dialog and your name change is lost.