PDA

View Full Version : y trunk return from TAS

tas
06-09-2013, 12:30 PM
I posted in newbies in jan. before i left for Florida got back a few weeks ago and am now trying again ti solve the problem hpoe you guy's can help because teck sure can't
my problem is the y trunk stops about a inch and a half short on the right side I have done all the things the book and teck said to do but still nothing
the rails and bearings are free
the y trunk moves free when the power is off
there are no wires or anything stopping the trunk
no teeth missing on belt
teck said maybe the motor put a new one on no change ???????
I am stumpped could it be the programing there must be something that tells the y trunk to stop and return please please help me (sounds like a song) ha ha yea i can still laugh bearly:-):smile:

Digitalwoodshop
06-09-2013, 01:13 PM
You should remove the top plastic cover to observe this.. But before you do... Know that the wires in the back right corner of the machine that come from the right side cover switch are likely the problem... The Cooling fins of the Z Motor hit the wires when they are out of place and stop the head. I know you said no wire problems but a second look is in order....

If that does not fix it... Then remove the top cover and inspect the flat FSC Cable that rides back and forth with the Y Truck bringing power to the Z Truck. IT can sometimes be installed SHORT... Acting as a Dog Leash and stopping the head.... Use CAUTION when removing the top cover to keep the clear cover from resting on and smashing the 2 switches.

Then we have the common Frozen Y Roller Rail Bearings.... When they freeze they can SLIDE on the rails giving you a warm fuzzy that they are OK when in fact they are frozen and rear their ugly head an inch from the end... Removing the Y Motor and inspecting and rolling after marking the bearings with a marker help.

Last is the Y Motor Gear Box... The inner gear box bearings will fail at some point.... Letting the big plastic gear lean toward the canter of the machine, 1. Binding on the U shaped machine frame where it sits, or 2. Makes Clicking noise at the bit flag.

Lots posted on this... with pictures. Use the Search with " " on each side of the term.

AL

cestout
06-09-2013, 03:15 PM
I vote for Al's first guess. Sounds like the wires to the motor in the back right corner are not tucked away properly. Reach back there and make sure they are tucked against toe back wall. The couplings should be tucked down under the fiber cover in the back corner.