PDA

View Full Version : I found reason for some Z-motor crashes ??

benluz
02-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Hello all, After just recently installing a Z-motor packand all was going great ! As I noted in other post I really like this machine.But only after a week my bit dived into the wood again.I decided to pull the z-motor pack again and have a closer look.after pressing 0,7 I scrolled to z and y read outs the z read out was 0 as I raised and lowered the z truck I took my finger and with the back off the z-motor off I put light finger pressure on the clear disc ....now I'm getting some steady numbers as I raise and lower the head.Well this made me think......I still had my old z-motor so I went and pulled the back off and the cooling fins and I could see the clear disc had worked it's way lower onto the spindle until it was bent up a good bit.Almost like a hard drive crash where the the raed/write head has physically crashed onto the disc, it seems the disc does data/ markings on it that the sensor reads to keep track of the z-truck.I'm going to try and repair one and put a dot of some type of adhesive to hold it on the motor shaft that is the clear disc surface has not been to damaged to work.Bard if you read this ,it would be great to get some feedback from you on this .I think Carvewright has a great machine, we just need to get these few bugs
fixed.Bard or Chris Rawls if you read this give me a call at <number removed>
Thanks !
Ben

benluz
02-10-2007, 02:50 PM
I pulled the z-motor pack and re-installed hit 0 7 checked sensor readings.They work....but still not sure I need to get the cover back on and fire it and see if the bit dives...it doesn't then I'll put a drop of liquid nails on the end and let it set overnight....Does anyone know of a good glue that sticks to metal ?????????....I'll clean it with acetone then apply the L- nails and see how it works.I'll write back in a few and let you all know if the bit dived or not.
ThANKS,
Ben

The Bard
02-10-2007, 04:30 PM
pm with personal info, don't post it brudda..

and we use 3M weather stripping for lots of that stuff now.

and contact us so we can get you to send back oneof the z packs.. lots of people on here want one hehe.

benluz
02-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Sorry about the number,I didn't know that was against the rules.I just wanted to let you guys know what I found.I have 2 z-packs now ,one that came with the machine and one replacement and there is nothing but a friction fit to prevent the clear disc on back the Z- motor from moving up and down the shaft.Will you let Chris R. know on Monday what I found.....just in case it was overlooked by the tech staff.
Thanks,
Ben

pkunk
02-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Sorry about the number,I didn't know that was against the rules.I just wanted to let you guys know what I found.I have 2 z-packs now ,one that came with the machine and one replacement and there is nothing but a friction fit to prevent the clear disc on back the Z- motor from moving up and down the shaft.Will you let Chris R. know on Monday what I found.....just in case it was overlooked by the tech staff.
Thanks,
Ben
Posting your phone # isn't against the rules Ben, just for your safety. Internet forums are open for all kinds of weirdos to read & you don;t want calls from them in the middle of the night and your wife answers. Nevermind, once someone has the phone # thay can do a look up and get your name and address. Use PMs

The Bard
02-10-2007, 06:41 PM
amen....

Baron Richard
02-12-2007, 04:35 PM
As a user with a down machine waiting on a Z pack, PLEASE!! Return your old one to LHR so they can rebuild it and ship it out to those of us waiting!! :cry: :cry:

I have been down for 2 weeks and they don't have any to send out!

benluz
02-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Hello,I have mine boxed up and ready to go , but this one was a rebuild and it lasted a week.That is why I was passing on the info to carveright so they can make all the corrections needed or when you get yours it may not work long, with out the input of all the users and the tech staff to pinpont the defects together we can help make a better machine .I too am waiting for a Z-motor pack.From what I can tell it's a good machine , just needs a couple areas changed to have a really great machine ! I wish them the best and I will work with them in any way I can to help improve the product.I passed the info to chris rawls this morning,I know when my new zmotor pack comes I will clean the end shaft with acetone the put a e drop of liquid nails into the end of the shaft to hold the encoder disc in place ...that is if they have not already done so,please note the glue should just fill the recess in the shaft any extra glue smear to one side or similar application will throw the motor off balance and tend to where the bearing a bit more.,altough it probably does not run at a very high RPM
Thanks,
Ben