PDA

View Full Version : Industrial Capabilities

jose.salinas
06-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I purchased my carvewright about a year ago, and have been a happy camper ever since. This macine is amazingly easy to use and does the most intricate of jobs with a user friendly interface. People have noticed the work that this machine spits out, and now I am in potential contracts for monthly supply orders with different businesses. My question is; since this is a hobby machine, Does it have industrial capabilities, or how many machines should I get, or should I move on to other cnc machines. I will be spitting out about 100 desk name plates a month, potentially.

lynnfrwd
06-06-2013, 01:10 PM
I say you need more CarveWrights (LOL), but that's just me!

mtylerfl
06-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I purchased my carvewright about a year ago, and have been a happy camper ever since. This macine is amazingly easy to use and does the most intricate of jobs with a user friendly interface. People have noticed the work that this machine spits out, and now I am in potential contracts for monthly supply orders with different businesses. My question is; since this is a hobby machine, Does it have industrial capabilities, or how many machines should I get, or should I move on to other cnc machines. I will be spitting out about 100 desk name plates a month, potentially.

You will most certainly need at least one more machine so you can double your output and also have a spare for a "just in case" scenario.

I would calculate the total time required for carving 100 desk name plates, then decide on how many machines it would take to be practical for doing that many within each month's period of time. Could be you will want two or three additional machines, depending.

I know AL (Digitalwoodshop) runs several machines for his business, and have heard of at least one person who runs TEN machines for his (that fellow does not want people to know what he makes, for fear someone else might become a competitor!).

badbert
06-06-2013, 02:28 PM
A bigger machine could get more done, quicker. But the investment for a Bigger CNC would definitely eat your profits. Not to mention, there is a substantially higher learning curve! That is until Carvewright Designer 2.0 becomes available for other machines! ;)

Digitalwoodshop
06-06-2013, 07:55 PM
I say go for a fleet of used machines.. My business has slowed down to the point that I only have one machine hooked up at the moment. It is good to have spare parts, that has really cut down on the down time... I am just busy enough.... more time for Dog Walks. :)

AL

cestout
06-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Get dust a collector! There are 2 in the CarveWright store. I have the DustDevil on my 2 machines because my hoses hang down from above, and I like the removable inside piece. Also, when production has paid enough, get a second machine. Ort as mentioned previously, get a fleet of them.