PDA

View Full Version : We have a home

Ike
06-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Well Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls of heart! Our loan finally went through with all the personal question and the title company being the slowest and worst company I have ever dealt with! I won't mention their name.....Old Republic title company! We are moving today! After only 5 weeks of looking and seeing over 50 homes and making almost 30 offers we are there! Believe or no in the Sacramento market that is fast!

Well thought I would share to those who care!

Ike

rcdages
06-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very happy for the both of you......

Digitalwoodshop
06-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Fantastic !!!!!

"Welcome HOME"... Your first CW or hand made sign... :)

AL

TerryT
06-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Glad to hear it Ike. Congratulations.

lynnfrwd
06-06-2013, 01:55 PM
So happy for you Ike.

mtylerfl
06-06-2013, 02:00 PM
That is GREAT news!! Be blessed in your new home!

SharonB
06-06-2013, 02:05 PM
I know you wish there had been that many buyers when you were selling but now you can settle down and put your machine to good use in a new market.

badbert
06-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Congrats! I know how badly your family needed it! Stability is very important! Good luck in the new home!

chief2007
06-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Outstanding news to here - Congratulations to you and your family.

Bigtyme
06-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Great news, Ike. I am very happy for you and your family. I am sure it will be great to get settled into your new place....
Congratulations...

lawrence
06-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Excellent news- congrats!

Lawrence

fwharris
06-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Ike,

Great news! Hope you have a space for a shop!!

RogerB
06-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Ike nice to hear.Hope to see you back on your feet and you new shop set up soon.

Happy Carving.

jpaluck
06-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Congrads Ike

eelamb
06-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Ike, I bet it will be nice to have a place again to hang your hat.

b.sumner47
06-06-2013, 11:15 PM
It couldn't of happened to nicer people. Congrats, Ike and the Mrs.as well. Capt Barry

henry1
06-07-2013, 01:09 AM
very happy for you and the family , you deserve it

tierman
06-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Congrats Ike! Home is where the sawdust is!

rcdages
06-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Congrats Ike! Home is where the sawdust is!

Good saying.

That would be a good sign........

dbfletcher
06-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Congrats Ike! Let us know when you all settled in! (I know it is never 100% complete... I've been in my home for almost 15 years and I still have a few unpacked boxes in the garage from the original move.)

Capt Bruce
06-08-2013, 07:46 AM
We're all very happy for you Ike. Congratulations

CarverJerry
06-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Cool, so glad for you Ike. Know exactly what you feel, but you'll be settled in soon and back to making signs again. Keep us posted.

cestout
06-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Good, now become a StartU member to cover Northern California.

Ike
06-13-2013, 11:58 PM
Thanks all!! Well it has been one heck of a week! Last Thursday we moved using the Starving Students moving company. I hired them because they estimated the move to be around $600.00 for 2 trucks and 4 guys. I thought great! It was a hot day in the 100 degrees and they worked slow! So the cost was over $800.00 more! So after a long day we spent one more night at my parent's home. Friday we we back early because I had scheduled an 8 am to 12 pm appointment to have Comcast install internet and tv. We drove the 25 minute drive to our new house and I forgot the keys to the door! So my wife went back and I waited for the installer. So while waiting I noticed a message on my phone, it was Comcast telling me they changed the appointment to 12 noon to 2 pm!

So my wife had an appointment that day and the installer finally came. I told Verizon who set up Comcast that there were no wiring and it would be a whole set up. They said okay and it is still free installation! Well the installer flaked on me making a kinds of excuses and left! Then that afternoon a guy stopped by selling ADT alarms. I set up on Tuesday to have an ADT system installed. I was being charged $680.00 for installation. This guy told me it was 3 days since I signed and could cancel within those 3 days. He told me he was a regional manager and could save me the $680.00 fee and install a system for free! So I cancelled and went with him! We did get our bed assembled and we spent our first night in our new home!

Then Saturday we had new appliances delivered and we paid for installation and removal of existing appliances. The house did have a new dishwasher, stove and microwave, but they were low end. The delivery driver and help arrived and asked, so everything in the garage? I said, uh no.....we paid for installation and removal. So after calling the office he believed me and being upset looked at the items in the kitchen and removed them. Well 2 the microwave we were told was damaged, but found out yesterday it was not so they may had forgot to load the box! We ordered a new fridge, dishwasher, stove, microwave and washer and dryer. As a teen I had a job delivering appliances and I could just look to see if a fridge would fit through a opening and if I need to remove the doors so it would fit. Not these two they banged up the walls and then removed the doors. Then the washer and dryer were too big for our laundry area. What was bad one guy could not speak English and the other very broken English! He put a package on the counter that was a hose for the ice maker. I wanted to run a line behind the dishwasher before he secured the unit. I asked, this is for the ice maker? He replied, a plumber needs to install the line! I asked again is this the hose for the ice maker? I want to run the line before he secures the dish washer. He told no you can't a plumber needs to do that. Finally he confirmed it was the hose for the ice maker and continued to tell me I was not allowed to run the line! So I told him not to worry about what I do and worry about his job! So after making a mess and banging up the walls they were done! He handed me a clip board and told me I needed to sign the last page of 4 pages! I started looking from page 1 and marking off what was not used and what was refused. He told don't worry about the other pages just sign! I continued to look and he made comments out loud like come on or geez etc. Then on the 3rd page he said just sign I have other deliveries to make! I told him I will sign only after reading what I am signing! When I did sign I gave him the clip board and told him to get out! Then Sunday the wife and I did some shopping for items needed for the bathrooms and other things like a couple 32" tvs and a little 70" Sharp tv! Plus we signed up for AT&T U Verse and internet.

Monday we slept in and went to my folks to get our stuff in the room we were using and our cats! So after packing the car and getting our laundry washed we left for our new home with our 3 cats. My wife's car was packed full and she took one cat. I packed all I could in my Jeep wrangler and the other 2 cats. So on our way home not far from my folks I was heading south towards an intersection the light for my lane and the north lane was green, There were cars in the left turning lane both directions, so as I was crossing the intersection a lady in the left turning lane ran the red light and turned in front of me and we collided head on! She was in a Volvo station wagon and when we hit my Jeep bounce up in the rear and spun the rear 180 degrees. I jumped out in shock checking on my cats and wondering where my glasses went! The emergency response was quick and a fireman began to hold my neck and then put a neck brace around my neck. They put me on a hard board gurney and put me in an ambulance. The lady that hit me was also in the ambulance with me and kept apologizing to me for running the red light and hitting me. She told the highway patrol it was her fault. The ride to hospital was terrible and hurt all the way! My right arm from the hand to the shoulder is still hurting and my left upper ribs. The hospital took X rays of my right arm and found no broken bones and released me. My Jeep was totaled!

Tuesday we ran around getting the stuff out of the Jeep and getting the rental car and did some unpacking. Wednesday our TVs were delivered and the internet and cable installed. Then a friend took me to buy a new BBQ and came home.

Today Thursday I went to the Dr. he gave me some anti -inflammatory and I did some more shopping for the house and was called by the ADT guy who promised a free installation. He was not a manager for the ADT company, but for Safe Haven a rep of ADT. I cancelled a real ADT company contract and signed with him and ADT did not go for that. So I called the ADT rep and she could only drop the fee to $500.00 so I canceled both and signed up for AT&T security system. The same equipment as the real ADT company (Safe Have was going to install a less quality equipment) Then came home installed a shelf and fix the front door and installed a door bell!

Well that is my weeks worth of excitement! Bed time now!

badbert
06-14-2013, 12:49 AM
Dang Ike! I am glad everything turned out ok! I hope you start feeling better!

tierman
06-14-2013, 05:47 AM
So Ike, what do you do for excitement out your way? Jussssst kidding, keep smiling my friend.

SteveEJ
06-14-2013, 08:10 AM
Wow Ike.. Sorry for your problems! Good thing you read ll of the papers from the delivery guys. They always try to do that crap..

Welcome to your new beginnings! Let that be all that happens you you and your wife for while! Boring can be good,,

SteveEJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cestout
06-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Not allowed to run your own water line? I did all the plumbing and electrical this house - and almost everything else. I bet he has a brother who is a plumber. How did you shop and hand shelves while banged up? Well welcome home anyway.

Ike
07-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Another update! Well my Jeep is totaled! Lol it is worth more totaled then fixing the issues! However it has been real slow going the last couple weeks, finally the doctor had my side X-ray and I have a few fractured ribs! So lifting hurts! Well it did I am getting better and have been tackling some boxes and shelves etc. My garage is a mess and I have had our 67 Firebird out in the open for a quite a while and needs to be cleaned and put in the garage! I have not made any signs for quite some time, I was getting one order a month from the website, but nothing for a couple months! Lol I am thinking Tom is throwing me a bone and that is why I was getting the orders! I need to work on my site to get in the first of the search pages!

I miss you guys and hope all is well and you are busy!

Ike aka Rick

Digitalwoodshop
07-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Ike,

WOW..... Lots of Excitement..... Reminds me of my only accident... (Lucky).... Sitting first in line at a RED Light... Head On in the Intersection, bounces of and tags ME head on.... 2 weeks before a Road Trip from Great Lakes Naval Base to San Diego.... Worked out OK.

Good Luck,

AL

easybuilt
07-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Hey Rick I am so sorry for about your Jeep and your ribs. I sure hope you are feeling better soon so you can get things in order. A web site work to keep it searchable, now that your in Sacramento I know you can get things going my friend. You have always been an accent to me!

Ike
07-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Thanks Big Al and Tom!!! I have been gone so long the rest of the members forgot or don't care about me anymore!! I have so much to do my head is spinning!!! I need to get the shop organized and the web site of course! Tom I appreciate any help I will pm my new numbers!

Rick

Capt Bruce
07-05-2013, 07:53 AM
Rick,
Please don't ever feel "forgotten" here because you are among friends who know you and deeply value "Ike's" input, creative ideas and thoughts. We've shared your family struggles of jobs and relocation, places and homes and we all relate to your struggles in these often difficult times. The Jeep crash caught a lot of us off guard but the good news is you walked away. Good Jeep, it protected you to the end.

Better to concentrate first on your end goal of having your new home and shop up and running again so you can then concentrate again on creativity and productivity. It's all part of that bigger path to re-inventing yourself and a new phase of your life together. We're here to share that re-invention and when the path gets tough let's sit down for a breather, pass around the canteen (or appropriate beverage) and discuss the steps to come on the journey together.

We're here with you and for you Rick.

lynnfrwd
07-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Very well said, Capt Bruce.

We love you, Ike and look forward to your posts.

aokweld101
07-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Hi Ike, sounds like you need to make a list and start scratching em off one at a time, its funny what life throws at us, and with determination... time and the drive we overcome. I been keeping up with your post and like the others here on the forum I wish you the best. ....a wise man said..."when you at the bottom of your rope...The only way is UP!"