PDA

View Full Version : K-Cup Dispenser - JUNE 2013 Project of the Month

mtylerfl
06-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Hello,

Here is a preview of the next Project of the Month (for JUNE 2013)...The K-Cup Holder/Dispenser!

Single-cup coffee makers have found their way into millions of kitchens world-wide. This project provides a useful and attractive way to store and dispense up to eighteen K-Cups at a time. The top knob rotates three tiers of K-Cup round trays to view and select the coffee flavors and blends. The side panels feature a steaming cup of coffee design with textured corner accents, but the panels can be customized with any design of your choice!

The project uses the 1/16" Carving Bit and the 1/8" Cutting Bit. No other bits are required.

The overall dimensions are about 9" Wide x 8" Deep x 13½" Tall

Main items you will need:
1) The Project Files (included):
• 6_Cups_Rounds.mpc
• Top_Bottom_Panels.mpc
• Side_Panels.mpc
• Knob-and-Front_Strips.mpc
• Back Panel* 0.75" x 9" x 10.625"
(*cut the back panel yourself-not an MPC)

2) Boards with the following dimensions:
6-Cup Rounds: .75" x 11" x 29"
Top_Bottom Panels: .75" x 9.2" x 26.5"
Side Panels: .75" x 9.2" x 30"
Knob and Front: .75" x 9.2" x 18"
(Do not use boards that are smaller than specified above unless using an appropriate jig.)

3) 1.25" dia. x 12.5" long dowel, a scrap 0.125" dia. dowel, drill, sandpaper, wood glue, clamps, stain and/or paint and clear finish

4) A Dremel-type rotary tool with assorted sanding wheels and bits to sand small details and speed up preparation for finishing.

Apply stain/paint and clearcoat of your choice. The sample prototype is made from Select Pine and finished with clear Shellac and Rust-Oleum Traditional Cherry stain.

eelamb
06-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Very nice project Michael

mtylerfl
06-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Thanks, Eddie! Sort of a last minute decision to do the K-Cup dispenser "by popular demand". I'm very pleased with how it came out and hope everyone will enjoy it!

lynnfrwd
06-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Guess I need a new coffee pot now too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtylerfl
06-05-2013, 10:46 PM
Guess I need a new coffee pot now too!

July POM will be a wooden coffee maker....

aokweld101
06-05-2013, 11:27 PM
wooden coffee pot....hummmm, it's all in what the imagenation can think of...that might be an idea..:roll:

rcdages
06-06-2013, 07:53 AM
Michael,

Outstanding POM.

Best K-Cup Dispenser I have ever seen.

Stained, painted or what ever anyone would like to do to match their kitchen area.

How about a wooden coffee pot like we had setting on the old wood stove on the farm when I cam up as a boy.
coffee grounds in the bottom of the pot with egg shells...................

Smoken D
06-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Great project Michael! Gonna be one happy woman in this house:grin:

henry1
06-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Now that is nice I could use one, how I go about getting it

mtylerfl
06-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Now that is nice I could use one, how I go about getting it

Hi Henry,

They usually make the projects available in the Pattern Store after the files are license encoded and so on. Should be very soon!

aokweld101
06-06-2013, 09:13 AM
well lets see, I have the napkin and towel holder, a kitchen utinsil holder, spice rack, and now I'll have the k-cup holder, Im going to have to make more counter space...lol

James RS
06-06-2013, 09:23 AM
That will be July's POM a counter top organizer

well lets see, I have the napkin and towel holder, a kitchen utinsil holder, spice rack, and now I'll have the k-cup holder, Im going to have to make more counter space...lol

Bigtyme
06-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Great project, Michael and very timely. There are sure a lot of the one cup makers out there and everyone wants better storage. This will be a hot for sure....

lynnfrwd
06-06-2013, 09:59 AM

U don't have the breadbox yet?!

b.sumner47
06-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Thanks , Michael T . I just saw the dispenser, nice project and well needed. Thanks, Capt Barry

aokweld101
06-08-2013, 05:26 PM
The bread box is one I have to get yet, I really want it. I have to put more counter space in ..

scoobie_6
06-09-2013, 08:39 AM
That's Great, Been Waiting for something like this. My wife will LOVE IT can't wait to be able to buy and make GREAT JOB

aokweld101
06-09-2013, 08:51 AM
I can' get in to the license page though the designer is there another way to get the page to license the pom.

chebytrk
06-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Does anyone know if the POM has been released yet for this month? I haven't received any files via email yet. Just wondering.......

BobC33
06-09-2013, 04:21 PM
I haven't received my POM yet either and it the 9th......like 9 days LATE!!!!!!!

mtylerfl
06-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Does anyone know if the POM has been released yet for this month? I haven't received any files via email yet. Just wondering.......

Hello,

I sent the files on Wednesday of last week, but apparently there was a problem with the email and the proper department did not receive the files after all! I was out of town (in Florida) and was made aware of the problem on Friday when I checked my email at the hotel that night. Tried to re-send the files from there, but the dang hotel server kept resetting and the files would not go through from the hotel internet service. (blast!)

I returned home Saturday evening and re-sent the files immediately, of course. I know they have the files now and am sure the encoding, etc. will be done on Monday so the files can be made available to all.

Very, very sorry - I had hoped everyone would be carving the project this weekend.

lynnfrwd
06-09-2013, 06:28 PM
I have them now. Will post tomorrow.

Smoken D
06-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Received pattern but when tried to update license it shows, "Patterns", for me in the available license section. K-CUP not listed. When I attempt to load project am being told license needed.

lynnfrwd
06-10-2013, 05:57 PM
I think most of them should be there now.

Smoken D
06-10-2013, 06:10 PM
OK, fixed, thank you!

Mikewiz
06-11-2013, 05:49 AM
When I saw this I bought the plans right away. Thanks. Btw the plans call for 9.2" wide boards, what's .2, is that about 1/4"? Thanks, MIKE

Mikewiz
06-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Here are pics of my finished K-cup holder. I finished it today, It's a late father's day gift for my dad. A few changes I did were routed the top with a decorative edge, cut the 1 1/4'' dowel 5/16'' shorter to put a super-slider on the bottom of K-cup turntable for a smooth turn. Last pic shows the super-sliders I used. Thanks Michael T for the excellent project plans. 63088630896309063091

mtylerfl
06-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Hi Mike,

I just now noticed this posting and you did an absolutely wonderful job on the project! Excellent ideas for the decorative edging and the slider!

aokweld101
06-24-2013, 05:08 PM
I'm trying to save board length again, I can't seen to move the knob and front to get the 3.5 on that side to stay under the rollers I tried..select all...also tried each pattern separate then to unlock it with the center horizontal and vertical button but it keeps leaving part of the pattern behind some help would be very thankful.....next step is to drop kick the puter....lol

aokweld101
06-24-2013, 05:23 PM
I don't think I sent the attachment right...here it is again

dbfletcher
12-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Here is a modified K-Cup round. I haven't made mine yet, but I plan to swap out this design for what MT originally created. I'm hoping to make a few of these for x-mas gifts for clients, with their logos. X-mas is coming up fast tho!

ekimnamyr
12-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Not made one of these yet but planning on it for a gift.. Just curious why is a modification needed od theK-cup round??

dbfletcher
12-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Not made one of these yet but planning on it for a gift.. Just curious why is a modification needed od theK-cup round??

Its not needed, but I felt it might be easier to get the k-cups out if you just lift a little and then pull straight out. Plus, I'm hoping with this design I can work in one more round.

ekimnamyr
12-03-2013, 08:59 PM
OK; sounds like good idea Thanks
Mike;

mtylerfl
12-04-2013, 08:49 AM
I like that, Doug! Very nice variation indeed. (looks cool, too!)

dbfletcher
12-16-2013, 05:30 AM
I finally got one assembled over the weekend. I ended up using my laser cutter to cut the K-cup holders out of 1/4 acrylic. I could have used wood just as easily, but after I cut a few both ways, I decided I like the acrylic look better. I did manage to get 4 rounds in the design this way, and i chose to offset each row to aide in reading the k-cup labels since i added another row. The left side still uses Michaels' coffee cup design, with my day jobs company logo above. I flip flopped for a while on whether I was going to paint the logo or not, but as you can see I left it plain. The right side I laser engraved all of the employees signatures. The photo really doesn't do it justice as they do look much better than the picture shows. I did modify the rounds pattern again from the last time I posted. I'll try to remember to post the new version when i get home this evening.

CNC Carver
12-16-2013, 06:02 AM
Doug very nice work. What depth and what bit did you use on the signatures? That would be nice for lots of gifts to hand sign them.

dbfletcher
12-16-2013, 06:13 AM
Doug very nice work. What depth and what bit did you use on the signatures? That would be nice for lots of gifts to hand sign them. I have done signatures on the Carvewright in the past. I typically use a 22.5 degree bit and a depth of .05". This time I used my laser engraver for the signatures however.

zan29
12-16-2013, 07:00 AM
That's is very nice work.

CW-HAL9000
03-19-2014, 01:19 PM
I finally got one assembled over the weekend. I ended up using my laser cutter to cut the K-cup holders out of 1/4 acrylic. I could have used wood just as easily, but after I cut a few both ways, I decided I like the acrylic look better. I did manage to get 4 rounds in the design this way, and i chose to offset each row to aide in reading the k-cup labels since i added another row. The left side still uses Michaels' coffee cup design, with my day jobs company logo above. I flip flopped for a while on whether I was going to paint the logo or not, but as you can see I left it plain. The right side I laser engraved all of the employees signatures. The photo really doesn't do it justice as they do look much better than the picture shows. I did modify the rounds pattern again from the last time I posted. I'll try to remember to post the new version when i get home this evening.

dbfletcher, did you ever post the modified rounds pattern? We just got a Keurig and I am looking to make one of these. I like your version and the fact you got an extra round in with this version. Thanks. HAL