PDA

View Full Version : Trophy for koi club

Dodadd1
06-04-2013, 09:13 AM
This is one of the trophies I made for our koi and water garden club.
The wood is walnut and I put gold leaf on the koi.

henry1
06-04-2013, 09:42 AM
nice trophy, but the leaf look like more of a fish ??

SharonB
06-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Very nice project. It will be a trophy that anyone would be happy to display..... good job.

lawrence
06-04-2013, 11:44 PM
gold leafing is a really fun way to dress up a carve. Nothing else matches the shine/look- great job!

Lawrence

bergerud
06-05-2013, 12:37 AM
nice trophy, but the leaf look like more of a fish ??

Koi is a fish Henry. The gold leaf is thin metal foil not a leaf. (I say this in case you are not making a joke but you misunderstand because you are French!)

henry1
06-05-2013, 01:00 AM
Koi is a fish Henry. The gold leaf is thin metal foil not a leaf. (I say this in case you are not making a joke but you misunderstand because you are French!)
misunderstand and yes I am French lol you learn every day good to know

chebytrk
06-05-2013, 06:30 AM
on the subject of gold leafing.... I found a small paint glass jar of real fine gold "dust" (that's what it looks like to me). My mother had it & I suspect she bought at a garage sale I'm sure. I have the standard gold paint that one buys at a hobby shop, but I've never seen this type before. Then again, I don't really work with gold leafing & gold stuff. I've used it once and when I dip the paint brush in the jar, the dust sticks to the brush & I can put it on a portion of my carve. It'll stick on, but I do have to blow off the little that doesn't stick. It looks good too & I've noticed that if I wet the brush after putting on the dust, it almost turns liquid gold & spreads easier & shinier. Again, sorry for my ignorance, but I don't know anything about this stuff. For all I know it could be some real old gold paint that has just turned to dust! LOL Has anyone used this type of stuff before? Maybe I'm a "Cagillionaire" & don't know it! :) If so, I'm buying another machine AND the 2D & 3D software.... cause that "puff" tool looks awesome!. :D :D

bergerud
06-05-2013, 09:29 AM
I have a jar of gold like dust as well. I think it is metal flake for car paint. Mix it with paint or with clear lacquer to spray a metalic paint job.