PDA

View Full Version : Board Sensor Fix

davewolfer
06-03-2013, 06:41 PM
The board sensor fails because the lens over sensor LEDs traps saw dust. Drop the sensor assembly, pull off the lens cap, clean out saw dust. When reassembling cap over LEDs use a bit of silicon caulk on outside of all cap edges and allow to dry before re-installing. Keep caulk off the clear lens and LEDs. You will not see the problem again.

JoeinWestMich
06-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the hint. This has been an ongoing, very frustrating problem for me.

Digitalwoodshop
06-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Great 1st Post WELCOME !!!!

Dust also enters from the TOP cable Slot past the 4 wires and into the sensor.... And in past versions through the joint on the back flap of the sensor. LHR started to add a film of glue around the circuit board to better seal the board to the holder and to also prevent dust from above... I have not seen the current sensor, thought someone said it was different than my old "A" sensors... I cut the back off and seal with tape after pulling and cleaning the window.

AL

Proctorw
06-04-2013, 11:05 AM
After my first 3 carves I had to clean the sensor each time. I bought the Dust Devil Dust collector and now have 70 hours on my machine and haven't had to clean the sensor once. I have been religiously following the maintenance schedule also. Dust Devil is worth the $$$

Lrupri57
06-09-2013, 10:57 PM
My Clear Board Sensor problem seems to be different. When the Y axis truck is moved clear to the keyboard side it gets a normal board reading (should be zero), about 140. Moving the truck towards the other side, it will go to zero as it should. Returning it back to the keyboard side, it will not clear that side and go to zero, stays at about 140. looked for reflections off of the board stop and screws (none). Tech talked me into buyind a new sensor, still the same problem. Cranking the X axis up, the reading decreases as the emitter gets a lesser reading. All axis check out on the test options. HELP

fwharris
06-10-2013, 01:11 AM
Check your FSC cable for any cracks or breaks. Most often at the L support bracket in the back of the machine.

bergerud
06-10-2013, 01:28 AM
Welcome to the forum. I have not heard of a problem like yours before. Is the squaring plate (the left plate next to the keypad side) black as it should be? The black paint is important to get the zero reading. As an experiment you could see how the sensor reads black electrical tape over the plate.

I would have said that the problem could be the flat FFC ribbon wire except that you say the reading decreases as the z (not x) increases. Even so, try gently moving the FFC ribbon while you get the erroneous 140 reading just to eliminate a broken wire as the cause.

Interesting problem. Be sure to post any new observations which might help us figure this out.

Digitalwoodshop
06-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Still thinking a FSC Cable.....

It is the variable.....

I would order a board sensor at the same time...

I don't see how it could be related, but I would load the program on the card again...

AL