PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

Elmo Sr
06-02-2013, 09:18 PM
i have a new machine and am new to carvewright,, my clutch has stopped clicking has any one else had this problem? if so how do i fix.

cestout
06-03-2013, 07:03 PM
The "crank torque plate " has probably split. I have done about 3 replacements on my 2 machines. Not too difficult, but a little tricky an reassembly. I posted a trick I discovered a couple of weeks ago. he is one of the parts I keep spares of. - only $5. But when I ordered a new spare, the tech told me they were not supposed to sell them like that. I told him that I had just I had just received one two weeks before, so he shipped it. Be here Thursday with a couple of bits. I think there is a PDF available on the site, So simple even an old man like me can do it. When it is repaired, keep it lubed with the spray lube you use on the posts - and watch your head pressure regularly with a bathroom scale.

cestout
06-03-2013, 07:06 PM
I forgot to say, if it is under warrantee still, talk to CarveWright, but if you ship it to them, you will be without and it should not take an hour to fix it yourself.

gashawk
06-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Try tightening the Phillips screw on the handle..

ronboley
06-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Try pushing the head locking lever in to the non-locked position...yes I spent 30 minutes trying to find out why my clutch wouldn't click until I pushed in the head locking lever...hope yours is that simple too.

Elmo Sr
06-06-2013, 07:59 AM
thanks for the info, i have had the handle off and cleaned and lubed and i also have access to a carvewright person close and we went through this last week, i will check out these suggestions

mtylerfl
06-28-2013, 11:27 AM
I forgot to say, if it is under warrantee still, talk to CarveWright, but if you ship it to them, you will be without and it should not take an hour to fix it yourself.

Hi Clint,

I picked up one of the crank torque plates at the recent CarveWright conference for Lonnie. Before he comes over, can you fill us in and/or offer any particular tips we might find handy for installing the part? Any input will be greatly appreciated.