PDA

View Full Version : Sears machine in

63tbolt
02-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Sears promised Fri 02/09/07 at the store and it came in. I already been asked by a couple of sears tool/hardware section Sales men to bring in some signs or can I call them to see CarveWright in operation.Have to do alot of reading and check (Any checks that sholld be done first.before pluging in. Put sortware in computer no problem ,also no problem with registering on CW site. Had .113 on disc upgraded to .115 also did same to card.

Wish Me Luck will be cutting wood this after noon

63 tbolt (newbie)

forqnc
02-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Congrats on getting it. I ordered mine feb 1st, (with Craftsman Club $200 discount) Sears said it would be in on the 7th and it was. 8)
It sat in the garage until last night, and this morning I was carving my first test pieces, everything went smoothly.
My only criticism is I need more practice with my designing technique :lol:

Have fun

63tbolt
02-10-2007, 02:25 PM
As of 3:30 est Imade my first carving simple but a start. Now Ihave to learn software and maybe down load some projects. CW ran fine
so far so good . I feel like a Kid in a candy store right now. I an still amiazed at what it can do . will let you know on further progress.

forqnc
02-10-2007, 07:17 PM
I feel like a Kid in a candy store right now.

I know what you mean.
As of 7:00pm eastern time, flex shaft came off the cutter head and 1/8" bit broke :cry:
Not the machines fault I guess I need to make sure the shaft is connected correctly.
I can still carve tomorrow 8) and waiting for bits I ordered last week. I understand carvewright is backed up right now, but I am not dissapointed with the machine.

meat
02-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Sears promised my machine would be in 2/27.

Yesterday, I got the email from Sears.com saying that the machine was in, and that I could get it in two days (which is significantly sooner than the 27th).

I went to the hardware department at Sears to see if I could get the machine sooner. The kid at the counter said that I would have to cancel my order, and we'd have to rewrite it, but that he couldn't guarantee that the machine would get there in two days.

I said okay.

He said he'd put the money back on my credit card. I didn't pay with a credit card. He said we could just cancel the order then start over. The manager said they didn't have that much money on the premises. I reminded him that I was just going to change the order so that it gets here sooner, that I wasn't really taking the money back. He said I'd have to call the Delivery phone number on my receipt.

I called the delivery phone number on my receipt. They confirmed that my order wasn't being delivered to my house, that they didn't have my phone number or my zip code on file, and that I'd have to talk to the manager at the store where the machine was being delivered.

I talked again to the manager. He gave me a number to call. It was the delivery phone number.

I called the delivery phone number again. They still didn't have my order because it wasn't being delivered to my house. I am not surprised by this, since this is what they told me last time, and that the manager at the store said to call them. I gave them the manager's number.

I returned to the store.

The manager was absolutely furious that I'd given the delivery phone person his number. I explained that - technically - I'd only given the delivery phone person the store's number. This did not seem to make him any less furious. He asked if I was being a smart ***. I told him that I was, and that it was far more entertaining than being a dumb ***. He decided, at this point, that he needed to be three inches from my face while screamng at me because this is what good customer service is all about. I informed him that he needed a breath mint. Badly. He ordered me to leave his store. I politely informed him that the store wasn't actually his.

Sometime during this conversation security and the store manager had showed up. The store manager asked what the problem was. Taking the initiative, I started to explain my situation. Unfamiliar with what the hardware department managers name was, I opted to not refer him with a feminine descriptor, using - instead - the far more masculine 'numbnuts.' The store manager asked to see my receipt. I pulled it out and attempted to hand it to him.

The hardware manager took the receipt and tore it up.

This caused the store manager far more consternation that it caused me. I am not above using scotch tape. I'd rather not have had to resort to it, but I am a bit rusty on my forensic puzzle reconstruction, so this could have ended up being a good thing and filled my afternoon.

The store manager decided to continue our conversation in private at this point.

The resolution? I'm getting my machine delivered to my house in two days (no charge), I got a $200 discount and another $200 Craftsman Club discount.

I'm always impressed by the personal service I get at Sears. The always make me feel like family. Well, 'family' before the ExThing left, anyway.

Your pal,
Meat.

Digitalwoodshop
02-10-2007, 10:14 PM
I am laying in bed with the laptop on my tummy (Too much information) and it is bouncing all over the place due to me laughing, I can't read it...... Meat.... Good One.... And you know it was all recorded by security and HR will use it at his dismissal out briefing. Reminds me of my Navy days when a Department Head lost it outside the Captain's Cabin and was choking a Junior Officer in a fit of rage. Please go with the nice men in white coats, everything will be alright in the rubber room.... The young Ensign had neglected to tell his boss, the Department Head, something the Captain questioned and already knew the answer to....

I bet the Hardware Manager is looking on Monster.com for a new job tonight.... Lets hope he doesn't go postal, no offence to the hard working postal workers among us....

AL

The Bard
02-10-2007, 10:28 PM
TOO

FUNNY

CAN"T

BREATH!

:D

Bill
02-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Hello meat,
I know it's not funny .... but I can't stop laughing ...well wrote.
Bill.

Julie Coffey
02-12-2007, 05:26 PM
OH MY GOD Meat I haven't met you yet but I love ya already. Good for you, but man what a headache.

I'm going through one of my own my Sears is not acknowledging any additional sales for my machine in the time I got it. Its in the works.

Thanks for the laugh but boy I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Julie

The Bard
02-12-2007, 05:28 PM
*is jealous*

pwngsd
02-12-2007, 10:00 PM
What is that avatar of yours? It's kind of creepy lookin. <G>
It reminds me of one of the demons on Charmed. <G>

-Paul

The Bard
02-12-2007, 11:25 PM
worse

a Phantom.

BobHill
02-13-2007, 08:40 AM
But you should hear him sing !!! :shock: Hard on the ears.

Bob

The Bard
02-13-2007, 09:23 AM
those who can, do

those who can't, criticize.

:wink:

HandTurnedMaple
02-13-2007, 09:31 AM
As long as everyone can participate. 8)

BobHill
02-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Aaaaaaah, aaaaaaah, aaaaaah .... doe .... ray ......me 8)