PDA

View Full Version : Z truck loose

JuicyCarp
05-27-2013, 10:12 AM
I have been getting unwanted grooves carved throughout my carvings. with assistance from this forum i have determined the likely cause is loose screws on the z truck bearings. both of the screws on the left side of the z truck will not tighten, they just continue to spin, and this causes a wobble in the z truck. an earlier post stated this is an issue that requires the machine to be sent to LHR to have fixed, does anyone have any insight? I am still under warranty

bergerud
05-27-2013, 10:25 AM
You have to hold the bearing inserts from behind to tighten the screws. (Look at the Y bearings, you can see slots in the bearing inserts.) Even a shim behind the bearing may give enough friction to stop it from spinning while you tighten the screw. If that does not work, you will have to take the truck off to get behind the bearings.

bjbethke
05-27-2013, 11:55 AM
I have been getting unwanted grooves carved throughout my carvings. with assistance from this forum i have determined the likely cause is loose screws on the z truck bearings. both of the screws on the left side of the z truck will not tighten, they just continue to spin, and this causes a wobble in the z truck. an earlier post stated this is an issue that requires the machine to be sent to LHR to have fixed, does anyone have any insight? I am still under warranty

You need to remove the “Z” truck to fix that, it is not hard to do. You may need a new bearing if “Red Locktite” was used. The screw threads may have been striped.

There are Photos posted on the forum, by AL, in the past.

cestout
05-27-2013, 07:37 PM
Is there play in the Z truck in the X direction. You have one or more rollers bad as mentioned earlier. They are the same as the ones used on the Y truck, so keep at least one of each on hand (adjustable and nonadjustable). Regularly place a couple of paper shopping bags over your sand paper (or rubber ) belts, remove the sweepers, and spray WD40 behind the Y rollers and on the front of the Z rollers and move them back and forth or up and down - making sure all the rollers are moving freely.

Digitalwoodshop
05-27-2013, 08:33 PM
I had the left side Z Roller Bearing loosen up way way back... I tried to hold the slotted nut with a 90 degree scribe doing it on the machine... The result... as per picture... I ripped the Dust Cover off the bearing...

You are going to need to remove the Z Truck per LHR and posted above... Since it is a Warranty Issue... And you may end up DRILLING out the Bearing Screws... Better contact LHR first...

The OPINIONS EXPRESSED in the 2007 Pictures are OUT DATED.... "WE" have learned SO much since then..... It WAS a Send Back item in 2007... And the "Pennsylvania Depot" idea quickly DIED with just the thought of the Product Liability Insurance required..

And this is the Circuit Board that was REMOVED in later versions of Designer...

AL