PDA

View Full Version : A little help with a project for my MOPH friends

jmoriearty
05-24-2013, 09:07 PM
I am helping my local chapter of Military Order of the Purple Heart with a project for wounded soldiers. I make pens from purple heart wood that they take to hospitals for wounded soldiers. They have asked me if I can head up paper and writing supply donations for soldiers as well. So, I want to build a very nice donation box to put in my store. Building the box is no problem, but I would like to put nice carvings from various branches of the military on each side, soldier relief portraits would be nice, but I may end up having to go with logos. Any suggestions and any shared art work would be deeply appreciated. I want it to catch a lot of attention for donations.

mwhatch
05-24-2013, 09:40 PM
You might start here.

http://www.cncmilitaryemblems.com/index.html

jmoriearty
05-24-2013, 11:37 PM
You might start here.

http://www.cncmilitaryemblems.com/index.html

Some nice patterns there, but not quite what I'm looking for. I guess I just have images in my head, I better start editing images on the computer to make them match. Wish me luck and thanks for the suggestion!

fwharris
05-24-2013, 11:56 PM
Some nice patterns there, but not quite what I'm looking for. I guess I just have images in my head, I better start editing images on the computer to make them match. Wish me luck and thanks for the suggestion!

What "kind" of images you have in mind? Post a few, more even, and maybe we can tag team on them and "geter dun!"

jmoriearty
05-25-2013, 06:54 PM
What "kind" of images you have in mind? Post a few, more even, and maybe we can tag team on them and "geter dun!"

I am still working on it in my head. I would like to have a carving on each side to represent a branch of the military in some way and a motto to go with it. It is one of those things where I am not sure of the images yet, but I am sure of the feelings I want them to represent. I may have to hand carve the piece and just let my heart guide my hands....lol. Always seems to work.