PDA

View Full Version : Need some help here

RobertP
05-23-2013, 09:30 AM
I am working on a project making a couple signs for the local high school coach, and need some help on making this pattern, I tried importing and lowering the floor, but the pattern came out really dirty. Below is a copy of the logo ( which I have the schools permission to use) and I just want to make cutouts of the logo that are clean. Wouldnt mind paying someone to make this, I have a feeling I will making a lot of these :D, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

gsdsj
05-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Will this work? Greg

Rob Mulgrew
05-23-2013, 10:02 AM

How about this?

bergerud
05-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Well you have some choices here! Here is a simple trace in Designer.

RobertP
05-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Oh wow! Thanks for the quick replies! Greg, that is close but Robjv is closer.

Rob, That is wonderful, one thing that I did was to carve the region on the inside of the letters, but for some reason cant get the inside of the horns to carve flat.

RobertP
05-23-2013, 10:29 AM
Looks like I have a lot of re-learning to do! Been awhile since I have designed anything. :D

bergerud
05-23-2013, 10:44 AM
In all of these attempts you have the vector curves. What you do with them is up to you. You can cut them out. You can follow the curves with different bits. You make carve regions out of them. Or you can do combinations of the above. All simply give you the curves to work with. One was traced in another program and imported using the DXF importer, the other was imported into Designer as a bitmap and outlined in Designer, and the last one was a manual trace of the bitmap in Designer. Either one will probability work for what you want to do.

RobertP
05-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Thank you so much for the education and help, now lets go see how it looks carved out! Thanks again!

Rob Mulgrew
05-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Bergerud,
I removed the background and blurred the edges in gimp, then imported it back to Designer as a png., outlined the pattern and applied the cutout to the outside line but how do I remove the rest of the outlines being I only wanted to apply the cutpath to the outside?
Thanks

bergerud
05-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Bergerud,
I removed the background and blurred the edges in gimp, then imported it back to Designer as a png., outlined the pattern and applied the cutout to the outside line but how do I remove the rest of the outlines being I only wanted to apply the cutpath to the outside?
Thanks

Can you not just select the inside outlines and delete them?

Rob Mulgrew
05-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Can you not just select the inside outlines and delete them?

Thank you sir,
very quick and easy fix. For some reason I thought deleting the lines would remove that part of the pattern. Kind of a dumb question but I am still new here. Learning more everyday.

SteveNelson46
05-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Here's my stab at it