PDA

View Full Version : cut 2 FOR THE TIME OF ONE

dcalvin4
05-20-2013, 10:06 PM
how do we make the machine faster..........we cant speed it up and we wouldnt want it to as the machine just needs so much time to carve and carve wright [get it ......CARVEWRIGHT]
Ok Now the new way i have using involves [1 ] in the designer i lay out my pattern on the board then rotate the board to do a two side pattern as normal [2 ] load board in machine [ 3 [ cut 1st side of board [ 4 ] when the machine tells you to flip board ,,Now ready for this [5 ] simply place a diferent new board in the machine to cut the back side of your pattern.......wella you just cut two diff. projects without having to go thru the hole process of measuring the board choosing the bit etc. the second time saving time and cutting more ..
denny

TerryT
05-21-2013, 08:17 AM
Cool, that could come in handy. I do some work that takes almost as long to setup as to carve it. That could definetly save sometime.

Digitalwoodshop
05-21-2013, 03:18 PM
I name that trick the "TwoFer"...

Good Idea...

AL

CNC Carver
05-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Great trick for multiple projects same size.

Digitalwoodshop
05-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Great Trick for "Production Work..."

CNC Carver
05-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Another way of getting more than one part out without going thru set up is to use sled that you can remove and load board while still in machine. I carved paddles for a Boy Scout awards and was able to remove paddle and load next without going thru setup. Big time saver.

badbert
05-21-2013, 07:59 PM
Any sled can work, just set a hole drill on the far end of your sled. The machine will do that last. Leaving your sled hanging out to be reloaded.

mtylerfl
05-22-2013, 07:43 AM
how do we make the machine faster..........we cant speed it up and we wouldnt want it to as the machine just needs so much time to carve and carve wright [get it ......CARVEWRIGHT]
Ok Now the new way i have using involves [1 ] in the designer i lay out my pattern on the board then rotate the board to do a two side pattern as normal [2 ] load board in machine [ 3 [ cut 1st side of board [ 4 ] when the machine tells you to flip board ,,Now ready for this [5 ] simply place a diferent new board in the machine to cut the back side of your pattern.......wella you just cut two diff. projects without having to go thru the hole process of measuring the board choosing the bit etc. the second time saving time and cutting more ..
denny

Nice tip for projects that do not require a Cut Path to cut out project parts.

This technique wouldn't work for projects that need Cut Paths, though. This is because the "Backside" carve (i.e., the first carve in this technique) does not allow a Cut Path function to be placed in the design layout because the software thinks it is the back of the board for a two-sided project. The flipped side (i.e., the "Frontside" second carve in this technique) would do a Cut Path alright because the software thinks it is the front of the board. So, the first board would not have the cutouts, but the second board would.