PDA

View Full Version : 20% Sears Discount

KNOTTY PINE
02-09-2007, 05:38 PM
I decided it was time for me to take the plunge and purchase a compucarve machine. I went into Sears today to place the order. I received a pleasant surprise when I went to pay for it. Since the purchase was over $800, and I was using my Sears charge card to pay for it, I received a 20% discount. Without the discount, including sales tax, the total price would have been $2014.00. With the discount, my total cost including sales tax was $1611.00. The salesman seemed to think this was a one day only special for cardholders. Needless to say, I was very happy to have been able to save over $400 on the machine. Now all I have to do is wait for it to show up. They said it should be here next week. We'll see.

Crewdawg707
02-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Just to add to this for all those that already have theirs. I purchased mine on 24 Jan 07. Just called sears about the price protection they have and they said yes, I could get 20% off. Spent about 5 min on the phone with a very nice young lady, and I now getting back about $400 on my credit card. Should post in 3 to 5 days. So all I am telling everyone is, watch sears and if it goes on sale within 30 days, call them up and get the better price. I am one happy camper now with the $400 savings. Guess I can buy the probe with that savings....... if the wife will let me.......lol

BobHill
02-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Crewdawg,

Pick something of your wife's and show her that if you had the probe you could make that out of wood (of course you need to pick something within the limits of the machine). Perhaps that will make the difference in her likeing the probe idea better :roll:

Bob

DustMe
02-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks KNOTTY PINE!

I just returned from Sears with a $180.00 credit on my account. I had orginally purchased mine when it was on sale for $1699.00 with the Craftsman Club discount so it ended up costing me $1520.00 instead with the 20% off.

Had I not seen your post I would have missed this for sure. Thanks again.

Steve

KNOTTY PINE
02-10-2007, 03:26 PM
You're welcome DustMe!

It didn't occur to me about others being able to go back and get a credit, but I'm glad you were able get a couple bucks back. I hope others see the post and can do the same.

IM2HAPPI
02-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Ok guy Im confused... I just called and woman said it was 1899.00 on her computer screen. She told me I could come in Feb 16 - 24 th and get a little off but yes they do have the 30 protection plan.
Heres what I got when I got it
Ordered on Feb 11
Paid 1799.00 - 100.00 for craftmans club discount so ended up 1699.00 + 6 % tax = 1801.00
So she says you got it cheaper than 1899.00 ; ( I want more if I can get it lol
anyways said to come in on 16 th to get something off, who knows
DustMe how do you do it lol

vaporlock
02-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks guys. I just got back from Sears where I managed to secure my machine. I got the 20% off ONLY because I was forwarned about the discount through this forum. The salesperson at Sears was clueless about the discount (as was I prior to checking the board this morning). The machine will arrive next Friday. Unfortunately, my software trial expired yesturday so I won't be doing any designing ahead of the arrival of my machine.

Once again, thanks! I had no luck on the 5 year warantee, but I haven't given up!

Cheers,
Eric

Malfunction
02-10-2007, 07:46 PM
woot.. thank you for the money saving tip. i bought my machine at the cratsman club rate, so i got $190.00 back on my purchase. :D

IM2HAPPI
02-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Go Julie Go lolol :lol:

Julie Coffey
02-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Well my store was not very helpful so I called the manager at IM2Happies and spoke to her since they've already handled this.

I'm not greedy- but that extra 180 or so would be swell to be credited so i could put my order in for the scanning probe- A girl has to have her priorities right? <g>

I'll let you all know how it goes.

J

The Bard
02-12-2007, 10:08 AM
:D

Malfunction
02-12-2007, 06:23 PM
i bought mine with a cc, but they reimbersed me with cash. i hurried and spent it before my wife found out. :lol:

Julie Coffey
02-12-2007, 06:38 PM
i bought mine with a cc, but they reimbursed me with cash. i hurried and spent it before my wife found out. :lol:

On something wonderful for her or an accessory so you could MAKE her something right?????

Good job, knew you had it in you! :wink:

J

poteetjr
02-12-2007, 09:58 PM
I called yesterday and was told I could get a refund...

poteetjr
02-13-2007, 11:02 PM
correction... could not

IM2HAPPI
02-14-2007, 03:06 AM
When did you pick up your machine PoteetJr ?

poteetjr
02-14-2007, 07:38 AM
7 Jan 07,

want2b
02-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Went to local Sears today, found they had one in stock but salesperson had no idea about 20%. Anybody know if it has ended or what I can tell them that will get the 20%?? Didn't remember the Craftsman Club issue but have dealt with same salesperson for a while and feeel if there was any way to get it currently it would have been offered.
Thx

silkroad
02-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Sears has a current Craftsman Club member price of $1699.99 for the CompuCarve in their Member Savings Flyer of Feb 24 - Mar 3. (page 7)

I ordered my CompuCarve on 02/05/07 and was told it would arrive on 02/28/07. It arrived early on 02/22/07 and I paid $1899 for the machine. The club price flyer dates for the member price discount is Feb 24-Mar 3, which is 2 days off from when I picked up my CompuCarve.

I took my receipt and the flyer to the local sears store office today and was promptly and politely given a credit of $200 on my credit card. Needless to say I was very impressed with the service and the results.

CallNeg151
02-28-2007, 12:32 PM
I signed up for the Craftsman club when I purchased my unit a couple of weeks ago from my local Sears, and am still waiting for my membership card, mailer, etc. I was told that it would take 5-6 weeks for my membership card, and for it to be "active."

I'd still like to get the price adjustment, but don't have my card or newsletter. Has anyone had any luck in getting an adjustment under similar circumstances?

HerbO
02-28-2007, 12:48 PM
It's been about 6 weeks since I signed up and nothing in the mail yet.
I purchased my CW at a small Sears outlet and the owner used his CC number to get my discount. That way I didn't have to worry.

HerbO

Julie Coffey
02-28-2007, 01:23 PM
I signed up for the Craftsman club when I purchased my unit a couple of weeks ago from my local Sears, and am still waiting for my membership card, mailer, etc. I was told that it would take 5-6 weeks for my membership card, and for it to be "active."

I'd still like to get the price adjustment, but don't have my card or newsletter. Has anyone had any luck in getting an adjustment under similar circumstances?

I called the Craftsman club # and talked to a very nice young lady there, she was able to look up my # and give it to me over the phone, just because the card isn't in your hand doesn't mean by now its not already in the system.

The funny part was the day I called and got the number over the phone was the very same day the card arrived in the mail.

Best of luck to you-

Julie

HandTurnedMaple
02-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Yes, I did. I just contacted the original store the last time this camea round and they gave me a $200 adjustment.

CallNeg151
03-01-2007, 10:56 AM
Well, Sears was friendly, but not helpful. Although I am listed in their system, I do not have a number assigned yet, and my membership is not yet active. :-( and am told it will be 6-8 weeks.

Now, the price protection plan is for if an item goes on sale within 30 days of purchase, does anyone know if I'll be able to get the adjustment based on the Craftsman Club price even if I don't have a number until after the sale ends? Since I got a slight sale price to begin with, I'm really only talking about $100, but that would buy a couple of nice pieces of lumber or a couple of bits.

Julie Coffey
03-01-2007, 11:30 AM
When the tool went back on sale again(IM2HAPPI and I got ours the same day)- originally I got mine for 10&#37; off plus an additional 10% CC savings lowering the price to 1699.00 before tax. Later they went on sale for 20% off but I was told that even though the 10% I got was the same 'type' sale as the 20% off (before CC discount) they didn't stack. I spoke with several people and left saddened. Guess I'll have to save for the scan probe and bits at a later date. For now I'll just make due with what I have.

Best of luck, from what I've seen I think it could be hit or miss depending on the store you go to- several including myself were told absolutely no way an additional warranty was available (that is NOT MEANT to start a flame war about warranty's just stating a fact) some called and got it for a myriad of different prices- I wish them well.

I think Sears has gotten a bit too large, online catalog is pretty much a different entity of the brick and mortar stores. And sadly through no fault of the person on the sales floor a good many of them have no clue or know very little about whats going on with these. I'm teaching my store things. There are several people on the floor who want to know more but the average Sears Sales associate can't take one of these puppies home to give her a whirl for the sake of better customer service. My store had one unit- no dvd/video sales presentation just the machine at the time I ordered mine- lets hope everyone gets on the same page very soon. It is a bit unnerving for all involved.

Julie

Hexe SA
03-16-2007, 09:16 PM
Glad you did I just picked mine up 1 hour ago after waiting 3 weeks and I'm not sure were to start, Im sooooo exited. I know I read the manual and all this good stuff before I got it. I saved with the Craftsman club card $200.00. By the way the scanning probe is available from Sears now too but for $100.00 more than on this web site. For the time being.

Julie Coffey
03-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Hey all.

In an earlier post I mentioned that I was getting $180 refund because of the sale. I originally paid $1,699, but then everyone was talking about the $1,899 with 20% discount sale. Sears said they were refunding me $180 but never did. Now that I have called back they say that I must prove to them it was on sale. Does anyone have any additional info on this?

OK, this wording replaces what was originally in this paragraph talking about Sears <G>

Thanks for any help in providing proof to them that it really was on sale for 20% off list price.

Paul

You can try calling the Craftsman club member number, now I don't want to sound like a wet blanket but chances are you be leaving concerning this. Sears no longer tracks past sales- this was what I was told by my stores dept. manager. I paid the $1699.00 too and was hoping to get a bit more back but no luck. I wish you every success.

Julie

Gman_Ind
03-17-2007, 12:40 PM
I just received my machine from Sears last night, we paid the CC price of $1699
that is the reduced price from the regular $1899 I could not see any other discounts, esp for a machine as hot as this is, there seems to be enough demand now without offering extra sales (shhh maybe they will have a sale and I can apply for the discount ;) )
It took about a month to get it after we ordered it.

Andy C
03-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Recieved CC price of 1699 plus another 20% off for buying a total of three tools. Net price on Carvewright was about 1350.

PS Sears quit selling service coverage.

Andy

Gman_Ind
03-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Recieved CC price of 1699 plus another 20&#37; off for buying a total of three tools. Net price on Carvewright was about 1350.

PS Sears quit selling service coverage.

Andy
Sweet deal I should have bought more tools! it took 3 weeks after ordering to come in store.

Kenm810
03-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Received my Craftsman Club catalog today
March31 -- April 7 page 14 workshop --Compurarve machine
member price $1699.99, if you've been waiting
here it is.