PDA

View Full Version : Power board problem?

Geomoo1
05-15-2013, 12:12 AM
A couple of weeks ago I sent some parts back to tech for testing for the cause of a chronic Z axis stall. It was determined that the problem was the power board so I just today received my new power board along with the other parts. After re-assembling the machine there is still a BIG problem. Nothing happens when I switch it on and I mean nothing. The screen doesn't even light up. I have checked all connections over and over and can see nothing amiss other than the empty socket on the power board as shown in the attached photo. This is a brand new "C" model with less than 10 hours on it (if that matters) and this is the second part I have had to have replaced so I am beginning to loose my patience.
My question is can anyone tell me if the empty socket should have a cable plugged into it and if so what cable and where does it go on the other end???? I don't have a cable dangling or laying around so if there should be one it was left out from the shipment back to me. HELP!!!!!

fwharris
05-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Yes it should have a cable, actually a set of wires, going down to the computer box.

See page 2.. http://www.carvewright.com/assets/service/Service_instructions/CarveWright_service_replace_power_supply.pdf

Looks like your missing the DC power connector that goes to the computer..

See page 2.. http://www.carvewright.com/assets/service/Service_instructions/CarveWright_service_replace_controller.pdf

Geomoo1
05-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Thank you so much for your help. I felt that a cable was missing but I couldn't decipher the exploded view enough to be sure which one and where it went. If it had gone anywhere other than the rear of the controller I would probably have seen it. I didn't think to look at the other drawings (DUH!). I spoke with tech today and they found the cable laying on the shipping table. It had been missed when boxing up to ship back to me. They are shipping it today and I will get it tomorrow.
My machine hasn't been running enough since I got your DC-INSERT to use it much but, what little I have used it I am totally pleased with how good it works. Thanks again for your help. You guys and gals on this forum are the best.

fwharris
05-15-2013, 03:49 PM
George,

Well at least you know where it is and that it is on its way. Thanks for the comments on the DC-INSERT also..