PDA

View Full Version : Part ID Help...

Geomoo1
05-07-2013, 03:20 PM
I searched through every parts list I could find and can't identify this part. My machine is in pieces from sending parts back for testing and I messed up by not taking a photo as I dis-assembled the machine. Can anyone ID this part and tell me where it goes?

bergerud
05-07-2013, 04:19 PM
I do not recognize that part. I thought I have been everywhere in the machine. Those look like wood screws. Are you sure it came from the CW?

lynnfrwd
05-07-2013, 04:53 PM
It holds the power supply in from the bottom.

lynnfrwd
05-07-2013, 04:54 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chief2007
05-07-2013, 04:54 PM
It is the cross brace that protect/ support the power supply

It crosses the power supply on the diagonal.

lynnfrwd
05-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Jinx...you owe me a coke, chief. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bergerud
05-07-2013, 05:29 PM
That part is not in my B machines. What model is that?

chief2007
05-07-2013, 07:18 PM
It's on the version C machines for sure don't know about any remanufactured A or B machines.

OK Connie a coke it is, lol

bergerud
05-07-2013, 07:28 PM
I guess it is a shipping upgrade like the stronger post supports.

Geomoo1
05-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Thanks Connie, Chief and bergerud for your replys. I knew it came from the bottom, but for the life of me I couldn't remember where. Now all I need is for the tech guys to send the 6 parts back and, hopefully, get my machine working. I have only had the machine for about two months and so far I have had different parts in for testing for at least 4 weeks of that. I have only completed 3 projects since I bought the machine and not one of them without something going wrong. I really like what the machine does when working and I do expect a machine that does this kind of work to be a little "touchy" but a brand new machine should work better than this. My patience is getting a little thin. At least now I do know the machine inside and out.

Geomoo1
05-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Yea!!!! I'm so happy I could just sh..... er, I mean, cry. I finally got the last of my parts back today and after about an hour of tinkering and adjusting (had a little trouble with the "Y" motor replacement) everything passes the user tests. Haven't tried a carve yet. Figured I owed myself a little rest after all the sailor talk and bloody fingers. After installing the DC insert I will do a test carve. Thanks to all who helped on this including the tech dept. guys. More good things to come....

chief2007
05-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Glad to hear all is well in Carveville!

Let us know how the first carve goes.

Geomoo1
05-18-2013, 05:15 PM
I must not be living right or the CNC gods don't like me. I placed the board, cranked the machine down, set up the project and "WHAM!!!" an edge detection failure. After much unplugging, replugging and wiping off the sensor I finally got around to running the sensor test. The off board reading was 0, just as it should be, but the on board reading was only 25. I was using a light colored piece of MDF so the reading should have been in the 100 +/- range according to the troubleshooting guide. Luckily, following the suggestion of someone on this forum, I had ordered some spare parts and the sensor unit was one of them. I used a mirror to compare the old sensor to the new and sure enough the old sensor looked all cloudy compared to the new one. So, I thought, no problem just change the sensor out. After all it's only two tiny screws and one plug to remove, what could be easier, right? WRONG!!!! Both screws were near impossible to remove. In fact I had to use a small pair of vise grips to get one of the screws out. Once I finally got the screws out it was no problem to take out the old sensor and replug the new. Of course I had to use the vise grips to get that same screw back in. After all was said and done, for the first time since I got the machine, I completed a 45 minute carve with no failures or restarts. YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!
I guess I am nothing if not persistent. The machine is only 3 or 4 months old and so far it has been down for repairs over three weeks of that time. So far I have had to replace a flash card, power supply and now a sensor card. I need a break here! Hopefully I can get some projects done now...

Digitalwoodshop
05-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Good Job !!!!

AL

dcalvin4
05-20-2013, 09:19 PM
You are going to have so much fun
enjoy
denny